Need a B2551 for a Kubota B7200HST

/ Need a B2551 for a Kubota B7200HST #1  

FlyBnJ

Tractor
Kubota 7200HST
I recently purchased a B7200HST. I need a snow blower attachment. I have read the that correct model is the B2551. Can anyone confirm that and if so, where do I get one! :) Are there other models that would fit? Do you guys prefer the front mounted over the 3 point rear mounted? This is my first tractor so I am a total Noob.... Any help would be appreciated.

Billy

/ Need a B2551 for a Kubota B7200HST #2  
I recently purchased a B7200HST. I need a snow blower attachment. I have read the that correct model is the B2551. Can anyone confirm that and if so, where do I get one! :) Are there other models that would fit? Do you guys prefer the front mounted over the 3 point rear mounted? This is my first tractor so I am a total Noob.... Any help would be appreciated.

Billy
Hello Billy, welcome to the forum.

A kubota brand snowblower snow blower is not required implement for your mule.

You need to visit several farm equipment dealers and talk to a salesperson about a snow blower
without a check book or credit card in your wallet as you need to buy one as soon as possible as
it is getting late in the season to buy a snow blower.

As this is your first tractor I would strongly suggest that you have it serviced by a local kubota dealer
so that you establish a relationship with them for any needed service later on.
DO NOT MENTION YOU NEED A SNOW BLOWER to avoid being taken advantage of PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you buy this mule at an online or local auction?

A front mounted snow blower will cost almost twice what a good rear mount will cost you.

It is just as important for you to invest in snow chains and having the rear tires loaded with
Rimguard or windshield washer fluid for ballast weight so plan on buying the snow chains and
having the liquid ballast installed by a tire shop that sells and installs farm tires.

A few things you need to know first.

1. I have been dealing with snow for over 5 decades
a. 4 wheel drive tractors will get stuck
b. snow chains will keep you from getting stuck as long as you understand that to remove snow takes time and do not
overload the snow blower as you will have to spend a great deal of time cleaning the snow that spills over the snow
blower
c. The chaff guard in front of the radiator can and will get plugged with fine snow and will ice up.
d. If the machine does not have a block heater you should have one installed or invest in a good kerosene fired
salamander/space heater to warm up the engine and transmission and also melt the snow and ice off the
tractor and snow blower as you want to get rid of any salt and ice in the impeller housing and auger housing to
keep the drain holes free of ice and snow
e. if you have a very warm garage great but having a kerosene fired space heater will save you lots of work and aggravation

2. the more you spend for a snow blower the heavier it will be, and the construction and welds of the snow blower will be stronger
because it will have thicker steel and full length welds.

3. you need ballast for added weight and adhesion to create traction.

4. if you have no weight to create adhesion to create traction you will just spin your tires in deep snowpack

Understand that there are well built Canadian made snow blowers, well built American made snow blowers AND
there are poorly made imported snow blowers you need to avoid like the plague.

If you would like help in purchasing a snowblower I would be happy to help you.

Last edited:
   / Need a B2551 for a Kubota B7200HST #3  
Totally your decision on front mount versus rear mount. I personally have a rear mount only because they are thousands of dollars cheaper than a front mount. I think my retirement gift for myself will be a front mount blower.

I have a 19.6 pto horse tractor with hydrostatic drive and it can move the snow with my six foot blower no problem. In anywhere from a few inches of snow, to a foot of slush, never a problem.

Your tractor, if it has a three point hitch, can use a variety of three point hitch blowers. If you're buying a front mount, check with a dealer to see which one fits, check what else is required, subframe, controls, etc.