need help finding childs toy

/ need help finding childs toy
I -could- fix the toy. I already looked at it, and figure it's going to eat about 10 hours of labor to go from flat hulk, to finished with new paint and decals, with a parts cost of 7$ per tire, 5 bucks for a new axle rod, 16$ for a quart of primer and green paint.. and I likely have a stash of JD decals here anyway. that's 35$ of parts.. no way around that.. axle is a pretzle, tires are crushed.. plus it will need to go into an electrolysis bath.. that's a buck of chemicals for me. the 10 hrs will include the 1-2 hr electro bath, the 1 hr wire wheel and sand down, and a total of an hour to paint /prime it.. the rest will be me with some hand dollies, wood blocks and body hammers making it quite straight. I'm pretty decent at body work.. I repair 90% of my own body panels on my tractors, and only replace them when they are nearly totally gone.

paying myself 'minimum wage' of 8$ an hour.. that would be 80$ labor, plus the 35$ parts.

Finding a 40$ toy online and making a 3 minute phone call seemed to be a 'good deal' for me in that situation.. should work out well for the kid too. 40$ is 40$.. but I'm working ( thank goodness ).. and the kid needs to be a kid.. right now.. :)

Yeah.. it may be a copout .. but... I figure i can throw the broke toy on the back shelf.. and if I get slow time during the winter.. I could always rebuild it on leisure time when it's too cold to be outside wrenching on a real piece of equipment.

soundguy

/ need help finding childs toy #12  
There are times when we need to fight the urge to fix something instead of buying new.

/ need help finding childs toy #13  
I -could- fix the toy. I already looked at it, and figure it's going to eat about 10 hours of labor to go from flat hulk, to finished with new paint and decals, with a parts cost of 7$ per tire, 5 bucks for a new axle rod, 16$ for a quart of primer and green paint.. and I likely have a stash of JD decals here anyway. that's 35$ of parts.. no way around that.. axle is a pretzle, tires are crushed.. plus it will need to go into an electrolysis bath.. that's a buck of chemicals for me. the 10 hrs will include the 1-2 hr electro bath, the 1 hr wire wheel and sand down, and a total of an hour to paint /prime it.. the rest will be me with some hand dollies, wood blocks and body hammers making it quite straight. I'm pretty decent at body work.. I repair 90% of my own body panels on my tractors, and only replace them when they are nearly totally gone.

paying myself 'minimum wage' of 8$ an hour.. that would be 80$ labor, plus the 35$ parts.

Finding a 40$ toy online and making a 3 minute phone call seemed to be a 'good deal' for me in that situation.. should work out well for the kid too. 40$ is 40$.. but I'm working ( thank goodness ).. and the kid needs to be a kid.. right now.. :)

Yeah.. it may be a copout .. but... I figure i can throw the broke toy on the back shelf.. and if I get slow time during the winter.. I could always rebuild it on leisure time when it's too cold to be outside wrenching on a real piece of equipment.

soundguy

So what are you saying?..:D just kidding. to bad we all don't have and "uncle Soundguy" though. Hey! you would be a killer insurance adjuster.. Your logic makes perfect sense no need to prove a point on a $35 toy.