New DK4210 throttle issues

/ New DK4210 throttle issues #1  

gmwest80

Tractor
Cub Cadet
Bought a new DK4210 a couple of weeks ago, only having spent less than Less than an hour running it are getting familiar. When starting the tractor up, and try moving the throttle lever to increase the engine rpm, there is no immediate response, but after a few seconds, maybe 3 are 4, then the engine will respond, and start increasing speed. This does not seem right to me, and when I was running it this evening, and I got off of the tractor to hook up my forks, and it died, because of the safety switch in the seat, when I got back on it, it would not start. After several attempts, I gave up, but came back about an hour later and it did finally start. I guess I am just wanting to know, if anyone on the forum has had similar issues. I do plan to call the dealer since the tractor is under warranty, but it just seems like a new tractor shouldn't be acting like this. Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks

/ New DK4210 throttle issues #2  
Bought a new DK4210 a couple of weeks ago, only having spent less than Less than an hour running it are getting familiar. When starting the tractor up, and try moving the throttle lever to increase the engine rpm, there is no immediate response, but after a few seconds, maybe 3 are 4, then the engine will respond, and start increasing speed. This does not seem right to me, and when I was running it this evening, and I got off of the tractor to hook up my forks, and it died, because of the safety switch in the seat, when I got back on it, it would not start. After several attempts, I gave up, but came back about an hour later and it did finally start. I guess I am just wanting to know, if anyone on the forum has had similar issues. I do plan to call the dealer since the tractor is under warranty, but it just seems like a new tractor shouldn't be acting like this. Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks
There is always a period of time to break in new equipment, and it always runs better the more you use it. Read the operators manual throughly, to insure proper operation of your tractor, and what everything does on your tractor. Sometimes having a link peddle, that has been turned off, will create a delay between floor peddle and throttle. However, the throttle lever on the dash, should have immediate response. And if your throttle lever has a significant delay, read the manual and then discuss with dealer. The seat shut off was a safety switch that I bypassed after much consideration on my Kubota. After one year, I am glad I deactivated that switch. My Kioti CK4010 is a cab tractor, and no seat safety switch is needed on cab tractors.

Last edited:
   / New DK4210 throttle issues #3  
Did u leave the tractor with the throttle up? Try pulling it back to idle when you shut down. Then when u start idle it up after running

/ New DK4210 throttle issues
Did u leave the tractor with the throttle up? Try pulling it back to idle when you shut down. Then when u start idle it up after running

Thank you for replying to my post, come to find out, the lever to the rear remotes had been moved, by a nephew of mine that was oohing and ahing over the tractor, cant say as I blame him:). But anyway the lever was move to side position, which putting the hydraulics under load, after I moved the lever back to the neutral position, it started, and throttled up just fine.

There is always a period of time to break in new equipment, and it always runs better the more you use it. Read the operators manual throughly, to insure proper operation of your tractor, and what everything does on your tractor. Sometimes having a link peddle, that has been turned off, will create a delay between floor peddle and throttle. However, the throttle lever on the dash, should have immediate response. And if your throttle lever has a significant delay, read the manual and then discuss with dealer. The seat shut off was a safety switch that I bypassed after much consideration on my Kubota. After one year, I am glad I deactivated that switch. My Kioti CK4010 is a cab tractor, and no seat safety switch is needed on cab tractors.

Thank you for your insight sir

The CK4010's come decked out, way more features than the DK10 series. I bet its really nice tractor

/ New DK4210 throttle issues #7  
As for the throttle my 4710 does that, that is normal and more for longevity of the motor. On a cold start the throttle won’t let you rev up right away until the oil has circulated a bit. If you stall the engine say at mid throttle and try to start it up, it will run at low revs so it’s not starting at high revs. The computer by passes the throttle lever position for a reason. Just move the lever back down wait a few seconds and you will be able to rev RPMs where ever you want