New Holland 2120 PTO not engaging

/ New Holland 2120 PTO not engaging #1  

Trent1

Tractor
New Holland 2120
I have a 1997 New Holland 2120 that’s not engaging the pto. It is shuttle shift and I can’t turn the pto shaft counter clockwise it only will go clockwise so I think the one way clutch should be good? The clutch in the tractor seems like it’s engaging good with no slipping if anyone has experience with this and can help me know where to look I’d really appreciate it.

/ New Holland 2120 PTO not engaging #2  
Welcome to TBN. One way clutch??? With the tractor off, can you turn the PTO both ways?
Hyd Shuttle should have a single disc clutch so your observation of the clutch eliminates that as a source.

/ New Holland 2120 PTO not engaging
Welcome to TBN. One way clutch??? With the tractor off, can you turn the PTO both ways?
Hyd Shuttle should have a single disc clutch so your observation of the clutch eliminates that as a source.
No with the tractor off I can’t turn the pto counter clockwise only clockwise. I wasn’t sure if it had something to do with the hydraulics?

/ New Holland 2120 PTO not engaging #4  
So the PTO on the HSS shuttle uses an overrunning clutch internally. That is why you can only turn it one way with the engine off. The PTO splines into the clutch. When the clutch is depressed half way, the hydraulic dump valve stops the tractor. When it is fully depressed, it disengages the main clutch and stops the PTO .

Attachments

• Adobe Scan Jun 02, 2023_1.jpg
    Adobe Scan Jun 02, 2023_1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
  • Adobe Scan Jun 02, 2023_2.jpg
    Adobe Scan Jun 02, 2023_2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 40
  • Adobe Scan Jun 02, 2023_3.jpg
    Adobe Scan Jun 02, 2023_3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
   / New Holland 2120 PTO not engaging #5  
Does the PTO coupler feel like it is engagimg?

/ New Holland 2120 PTO not engaging
I hear an audible click when I disengage and engage the pto as if it’s falling in a de dent ball. So is there another way to check the one way clutch other than tractor off pto engaged like I already tried?

/ New Holland 2120 PTO not engaging #7  
Have someone depress the clutch pedal all the way and try it again.