Dealer New Holland dealer cost %

/ New Holland dealer cost % #1  

jgh

Gold Member
Tractor
NH TN90F; B3000 Kubota; Bobcats 430 & A300; Liebherr 621C, Exmark laser Z, 2 sawmills
2000-04-25
Does anyone know how NH dealer cost works? From what I have learned, it is not as simple as JD, since there are holdbacks just like on autos, etc. My observation so far, about 80+% of list, a bit more than JD.

Can anyone shed more light? Does it vary from one model line (say, compacts vs utility, etc)?

BTW, what is the scoop on "costplus" Ritchie Tractor in Knoxville? Their www site has been "under construction" for some time, with a statement that changes are coming.

Thanks!
jgh

/ New Holland dealer cost % #2  
jgh, I don't know the formula the NH dealers use, but I know they all use it! I got quotes from six different dealers and they were all within $200. NH also supposedly(according to one dealer) came up with a program where you could save $178 by having the factory install the loader and controls instead of the dealer. Unfortunately the lead times this time of year for a factory prepped tractor is measured in months. I did not go with that option and I am still waiting for the TC 29 I ordered on Mar. 5th. If I knew I had to wait this long I would have bought the JD. :>)

/ New Holland dealer cost %
4-26
When I bought my 1720 in 1988, prices for tractor alone ranged from $9,500 to over $11,000.

Go figure.

Jim