New Holland Workmaster 40 - mystery light??

/ New Holland Workmaster 40 - mystery light?? #1  

MiserableOldFart

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH Workmaster 40, Kubota GR2120
Just noticed today that under the seat of my NH Workmaster 40, there is a tiny red light that is on when the tractor is running. It's located under the seat, to the right of the range lever linkage.

Anyone know what this is??

/ New Holland Workmaster 40 - mystery light?? #2  
Night light for the mice.......

sorry, couldn't resist.... but not a clue. Never heard of any lights under the seat. Can't be a warning light. ..... well, maybe, for people with their head up their you know what.....

/ New Holland Workmaster 40 - mystery light?? #3  
Could be the proximity switch for the range lever, so it knows when it's in Neutral. Most proximity switches will have an indicator light in back of it.

/ New Holland Workmaster 40 - mystery light?? #4  
My 2017 Workmaster 40 has no such light.

/ New Holland Workmaster 40 - mystery light?? #5  
Anybody figure it out?

/ New Holland Workmaster 40 - mystery light??
My 2017 Workmaster 40 has no such light.
I should have mentioned that mine is a 2021. I think the model supposedly changed between ours, though the capacities and things all seem to be the same..
I'll put up a picture..

Here's a photo. It's getting dark, so it's a lot more noticeable now.. The old camera focus ain't so good, but it's really small, like the size of little button LED. It's on whenever it's running, regardless of the range or neutral.
I wonder if it could be the brake.. I have to jump on it and see if I release the parking brake it goes out. I doubt it, but worth a shot. I don't think I ever looked without the brake being on.

Attachments

• mystery light.jpg
    mystery light.jpg
    601 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
   / New Holland Workmaster 40 - mystery light?? #8  
WOW,I was looking at mine in the daylight,will go out later when its dark and have a look.

Well, I emailed the dealer and it is for the mid pto. Don't know why it's always on, but he says it's for the mid pto, and nothing to worry about.. Next time I'm on the tractor, I'll turn the mid PTO on, and see if maybe it goes out..

/ New Holland Workmaster 40 - mystery light?? #10  
That's interesting..... did you get a chance to see if it goes out?