New hood ornament

/ New hood ornament #11  
I saw a story about a fellow in Michigan who mows his fields in circles… is that you?
NO. None of my hayfields are circular. All odd sided rectangles and that all is dependent on what is in the adjacent field. Row crops always take precedent.

/ New hood ornament #12  
I had the best hood ornament I could imagine, and I lost it! It was a solid cast iron turtle head, weighing probably 3 lbs, complete with a couple inches of neck. The end of the neck was flat with a big blind tapped hole. It came off a Snapper mower that looked pretty old in the '60s when I first came into it, a massive thing with steel skis in front and a rotating steel drum with cleats in back.

Found a photo!

/ New hood ornament
Got my Wiley “Kioti” hood ornament painted and installed…

IMG_0522.jpeg

/ New hood ornament #15  
What the heck, yours actually looks as advertised, where mine looks like his mother had relations with her brother.

/ New hood ornament
What the heck, yours actually looks as advertised, where mine looks like his mother had relations with her brother.
Mine pretty much looked like yours initially…

When I bought my tractor I went on a hunt for matching paint… found some Krylon ( I think) at ACE that matches the loader bucket “good enough“… I put three or four coats of “gun metal” on Wylie before getting him in place…

It’s amazing what happens when you put lipstick on a pig…:LOL: