New Kioti CX2510 cab tractor tire choice?

/ New Kioti CX2510 cab tractor tire choice? #1  

JimW94

Tractor
Kioti CX2510
Hi all, I just purchased a new Kioti CX2510 cab tractor and I'm undecided on a tire choice. It's replacing my slightly larger open station tractor. I've officially had enough moving snow in an open station. lol

So about my yard and the tractors use... I have 6 acres. It's all flat and open. It's clay soil and holds water as you'd expect clay soil to do. I finish mow about 2 acres and will be using the new tractor with a 60" mid mount mower to do this. I currently mow with a riding mower that's in need of replacement. I occasionally mow down parts of the other 4 acres with a 3pt mower. The other main use will be snow removal via a front plow and rear mount snowblower. I will also be using it for occasional loader work and other typical homeowner tasks.

This finally leads me to the question of which tires to get. My current tractor has R4's. They do the job, but I don't finish mow with this tractor. When I do have to cross the lawn, if it's wet at all it leaves good marks. And it's ok on the snow, but not great. I'm leaning towards turf tires. However they seem to be not as readily available. And all the different dealers I've inquired with are all pushing the new R14's hard. I don't want to get something that's not best suited to my needs just because it's the newest thing the dealers are pushing. So what is everyone's experience and recommendation on a tire based on what my use is? Thanks for reading!

/ New Kioti CX2510 cab tractor tire choice? #2  
A cab is heavy. Most cab weight is distributed on the rear tires.

Forego "loading" your cab tractor tires.

There is only so much 25-horsepower can do.

/ New Kioti CX2510 cab tractor tire choice? #3  
I think you’d be fine with turf tires based on your described uses. R14s will leave marks on wet grass too. I switched to turfs and can drive anywhere without tearing up my yard. 4wd has been fine for me when I run out of traction, I have ag tires if I need them but haven’t yet.