New Member From Nova Scotia, Canada

/ New Member From Nova Scotia, Canada #11  
Hello All,

I've been a member a few days and just discovered why I wasn't getting notifications of posts on threads I was involved in... darn junk mail. Any way, once I found those notices I also found the greeting from TBN and the new member introductions.

I have been shopping for a tractor for a couple years and have read a lot of great information from this website as a result of google hits. Now that my tractor is ordered I figured it was time I join the membership so I can post and share my experiences.

Our 4 kids are growing, the first one graduated from high school last year, and we have been planning on leaving the city and moving to a lake. We pulled the trigger this fall and have 4 acres of forested land and plan to use the tractor for some site development, materials handling for the construction, and then maintenance/snow removal for the 800' driveway and 1000' tractor width road down to the lake via switchbacks that it will also build.

Exciting times, I can't wait for my tractor to arrive next month and start building that road to the lake. My budget dictated a 25hp machine, so I opted not to go with a mid PTO mower model and bought the heaviest 25hp tractor I could find - Bobcat CT2025 that comes in at 2630lb, plus 500lb liquid ballast and a loader. Shopping for a used heavy duty rear blade rather than the dealer provided light weight so it can double as rear ballast and I should be able to claw my way around my sloped property and clear snow on the driveway that has a slope ranging between 4 and 8 degrees.

Thank you to all the folks here that didn't know they were helping me determine my needs.

Welcome from Ontario, Catherine! And congrats on the new tractor.

I have the same size tractor as you (Mine is a Kubota BX25), so I will be looking forward to your posts about your experience with your new Bobcat. (Love that name!)

/ New Member From Nova Scotia, Canada #12  
:welcome: to TBN...enjoy.

/ New Member From Nova Scotia, Canada #13  
Welcome from PEI. Congratulations on the property and new tractor.