New or Low Hour Used?

/ New or Low Hour Used? #1  

Git-R-Done

Bronze Member
Tractor
2021 JD 1025r (Process Buying)
Just thought I would ask coming from the riding mower world and never having owned a tractor. I know some would say a 1025 ain't a real tractor, but just a riding mower on steroids. Is finding a low hour 1025r that has service records a smart way to go VS new? $$$$ Second ? what would you consider low hours?

Git-R-Done

/ New or Low Hour Used? #2  
For me, low hour usage is 50 hrs per year or less. Anything around 110hrs per year is about the average. The 1025R is a true tractor, but definitely in the subcompact category. I also been considering a 1025R which has the reliable Yanmar diesel engine. It's hard to find good pricing these days on the 1025R tractor. Typically, i refer to any commercial Zero Turn, as a riding mower on steriods.

Last edited:
   / New or Low Hour Used? #3  
Often it seems like a low hour tractor costs nearly as much as new.

/ New or Low Hour Used? #4  
I would go to your local JD dealer and ask if there are any 1025R owners that are considering trading for a newer or larger tractor. A salesman might know owners that like to trade a lot, or have shown interest in upgrading.

/ New or Low Hour Used? #5  
In 2008 I got a good deal on a low hour Mahindra. Of course the economy was tough and the guy needed money. When I started shopping two years ago, I could not find any good deals on a used tractor and wound up buying new.

/ New or Low Hour Used?
For me, low hour usage is 50 hrs per year or less. Anything around 110hrs per year is about the average. The 1025R is a true tractor, but definitely in the subcompact category. I also been considering a 1025R which has the reliable Yanmar diesel engine. It's hard to find good pricing these days on the 1025R tractor. Typically, i refer to any commercial Zero Turn, as a riding mower on steriods.
Have you gotten any quotes? If you could share apprx or exact might help me pull the trigger or put back in the holster and walk away.

/ New or Low Hour Used?
In 2008 I got a good deal on a low hour Mahindra. Of course the economy was tough and the guy needed money. When I started shopping two years ago, I could not find any good deals on a used tractor and wound up buying new.
That's what I am wrestling. Found a guy selling a 2016 and wanting $15k which I can almost buy a new one. Plus I would like it now and not shop for several months hoping to find a good deal on used. I have projects that need started B4 it gets to be the heat of summer.

/ New or Low Hour Used? #8  
A JD dealer about 90 miles away, had a great deal on a 2017 1025R with 54" mower, with 87 hrs for $13,900 cash or financing. I waited 4 days before calling them, and it had already sold. So you will need to move quickly when opportunities arise.

For me, it was less critical cuz I already have a tractor being used, and its worked hard every day, and because I was working, that's why failed to move quickly.