New TC 29D Help

/ New TC 29D Help #1  

Duckhnt

Alright Guys...I have been lurking for a while and decided to register and post up...

I have been shopping for a tractor and have fallen in love with the NH TC29D. I like the size, HST, feel and ease of getting in and out of the boomers without tripping over a bunch of crap. Great Ergonomics
I have intentions of shopping and pricing out a TC29D with loader in the Virginia area. Does anyone have any other suggestions based on my needs below.

33 acres of combined woods, ponds, cutover, fields, foodplots. My needs will be varied from pulling up stumps, cutting 5-7 acres of grass, maintaining a 3 acre garden, moving gravel and rock/maintaining a .5 mile road, moving dirt and earth to maintain dams/banks on the ponds, disking and creating/maintaining food plots. Maintaining/making ATV and horse trails etc.

I have emailed the New Holland Dist in Newton NC and am awaiting a response and plan to shop around as well... A few questions for all.

1) Is this the right brand and model/size tractor in your opinion for the applications above?
2) Is there a warrenty/service issue if you buy a tractor in another state and need warrenty help locally?
3) Are there other brand models worth evaluating I might have overlooked which might be a better VALUE?

I am not married to <font color="blue"> </font> but sure like them so far...Any suggestions would be well appreciated

/ New TC 29D Help #2  
Duckhut,

Since you're posting in the NH forum you must be set on blue, and I don't blame you. With 33 acres I would maybe look at the class III boomers. They really aren't that much more money and I think you'll appreciate the added HP and weight. I've got the 40D on 40 acres and think it's just about right.

Another option is orange so if you encounter any Kubota dealers in your search, have a good look at the GrandL series. Something in the L3130-L4330 range would be perfect.

You shouldn't have any problems buying out of state and getting it serviced locally, but I, myself, wouldn't do that as I think long-term a good solid relationship with a local dealer will save you more money over the long term.

As an example, I'm looking to trade up from my 40D to something like the TN75D and having bought the tractor originally from the dealer helps much in the negotiation process, etc.

/ New TC 29D Help #3  
I just went through the same process you're going thru. I went back and forth between the JD 4310 and the NH TC33D. I just took delivery of my TC33D with a 7308 FEL and 757C backhoe. I'm sure I made the right choice. I definitely recommend the hydro drive. It makes operation a thousand times easier.
If I were you I would seriously consider bumping up to the 33D. Your jobs certainly justify the extra horsepower for probably $7-800 more. If you're into lakes, ponds, drainage, and stumps, you might also consider the backhoe. My price was $17,000. for the 33D and FEL. The backhoe was another $5600. Good luck and good shopping.

/ New TC 29D Help #4  
Duckhnt:

Sent you a private message. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ New TC 29D Help #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have intentions of shopping and pricing out a TC29D with loader in the Virginia area )</font>

What part of Virginia (fill in your profile!) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My needs will be varied )</font>

The tractor size sounds right to me, although bigger may be better for the amount of loader stuff you have planned (TC40D lifts a ton). Just make sure to get your tires loaded and/or get wheel weights - you will need them for balance and traction.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( warrenty/service issue )</font>

I bought out of state and used: the local NH dealer just did $1200+ worth of warranty work without any hassle.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( other brand models worth evaluating )</font>

Any other brand NOT worth evaluating may more be the question..... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
When it comes to HST units, there really aren't any bad ones. For instance, I liked the Long Landtrac , but I didn't feel comfortable with the local dealers. The Deere was great but the price was high. My problem was I liked EVERYTHING - I ended up eliminating individual offers rather than a whole brand.

Drive everything, eliminate individual offers, and buy the one that is left /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Mark

/ New TC 29D Help #6  
I have a TC29D and just love it. But based on what your telling us I think it may be a tad bit small. It will do everything you ask of it but will take longer than what you care for. As others suggested looking for a 40 or similiar unit in another brand. If anything, get a price for the 33D for that extra 4 HP. Some have quoted as little as $400.00 to go up and some like my case $1200.00 to go up.

murph

/ New TC 29D Help #7  
If you're looking for a good NH dealer, try Crewe Tractor in Crewe, VA on Rte 460 near Appomatox. Ask for Trey (434)645-9734. I am working with them on a TC29D deal myself. They come highly recommended by a friend who just bought a TN70 from them. They gave him a written guarantee that they would buy the tractor back from him in 5 years for the same price he paid.

Kevin

/ New TC 29D Help #8  
Duckhnt,

I have 10 acres, and found the TC29 just a tad too small. Of course I have a lot of mowing and FEL work, so most would probably find the TC29 OK for 10 acres. I traded up on a TC35, which should fit the bill if they will ever deliver it.

If I were you, I would go as big as I can afford. I would consider the TC 40 the bare minimum on 40 acres, depending on what the use is

There are ways of getting the price down without ruining the machine. First victim would be the Super Steer. The Boomers turn tight without them. My TC29 without SS turned almost as tight as my riding mower. If your land is rough, ag tires save a tad over R4 tires.

I personally think the NH FEL's and brush hogs are over priced. You can save over a grand by going to Woods, for example, and losing little or no quality.

I consider HST a luxury. Not only are they expensive up front, but did you know they seldom break until they are out of warranty? (I'm grinning) And the price of replacement would choke a mule. (I'm not grinning) Good luck!