New to me F935 - hope I made a good choice

/ New to me F935 - hope I made a good choice #1  

knight13

Tractor
John Deere F935, John Deere x304, Mitsubishi Buck S-470
So after finding this on Facebook marketplace and talking back and forth with the seller and then a few hours online trying to research I went ahead and bought myself a used (new to me) 1992 F935 with 60" deck. From me crawling around looking at it under/inside/around it looked in pretty descent shape. Picked it up for $2800 and brought it home - plus it came with a big service manual. I've got just shy 3 acres that we've been mowing with 2 48" riding lawn mowers and i'm tired of getting beat up with those. Keeping one of the riders for the smaller areas to mow but hoping this new one will speed things up and not be so rough on the back. Photo showing about half of the area we have to mow.
If anyone has any words of wisdom feel free to share.

Ed
IMG_5584.JPG

IMG_5588.JPG

IMG_5589.JPG

IMG_5590.JPG

IMG_5591.JPG

IMG_5593.JPG

IMG_5594.JPG

IMG_5610.JPG

IMG_5396.JPG

/ New to me F935 - hope I made a good choice #2  
Nice find! An F-Series with a Yanmar 3TNA72 engine. You will get decades of use from it.

/ New to me F935 - hope I made a good choice #3  
I have a '91 JD430 with the same engine, only has about 1100 hours on it, but has been trouble free. I also have a 10KW genset I built with the same engine on it, got it from a local dealer 25 years ago, was a warranty engine with less than 50 hours on it, that had an air filter problem. Pulled it apart and other than a few tiny scratches in the cylinders, it was perfect. Deglazed the cylinders, put in new rings and gaskets and it was good to go.
The only thing I can say bad about the 3T72NA engines is that they have a LOT of intake noise. The D905 in my BX2230 is way quieter.

/ New to me F935 - hope I made a good choice #4  
Nice find. .. Keep the splines on the deck drive shaft greased. A replacement if you can find one is expensive.

/ New to me F935 - hope I made a good choice #5  
Congratulations, g'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Enjoy the site... from wherever you are in the world.

/ New to me F935 - hope I made a good choice #6  
Looks sharp - brand new compared to what I'm trying to get running, not ready to spend the $200 on manuals quite yet but these forums are worth far more than that!