new toy for old girl

/ new toy for old girl #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
Here is my latest addition to the old 8n's limited 6v electrical system, a rear work light. Now if I just could find a blinker element for a 6v electrical system, I could add a 3way switch to make it an off / on / blinker, for road safety..

Soundguy

Attachments

• 44-210914-8nrearl.jpg
    44-210914-8nrearl.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 273
   / new toy for old girl #2  
As I recall, didn't some of the Ferds have a regular automotive-type red tail lamp on one side? I think those were set on a bracket not direct to the fender? THANK GOODNESS you have that work lamp now and can go 24/7 during the busy time of year when you are workin' ground! No more late plantings for you, no sireeee!

/ new toy for old girl #3  
Whenever I see your 8N, I automatically think of GALLO VINEYARDS in Modesto California. I came from around there, and the Gallo bunch is real big in wine production. To get their grapes picked they use largely no-speakee illegal Mexican labor. Many of the workers have never been on or operated anything mechanical. The (removed) tractors are SO SIMPLE that the Mexicans can figure out how to drive them......kind of....in a short time. You haven't lived until you see a string of 30 Ford 8Ns in a convoy, each pulling a grape gondola, and each piloted by a wide-eyed fugitive from south of the border. When one guy stops, they alternately bump into each other as the stop wave goes all the way to the back of the column. Gallo has a shop that is set up to "re-do" these tractors, and they get parts from many different suppliers to rebuild the engines. They don't bother with coz-metics very much, needless to say. There is like a standing order out there that if you have an early (removed) or fergie, you can usually sell it to Gallo. They have some vines planted on hilly ground in N. CA where they grow varietals and the ground is so steep that only a cat will work it, so they have settled on the obsolete Cat D-2 and they have a whole slew of those as well.

/ new toy for old girl #4  
You should be able to get a 6v flasher at NAPA. My old CJ2A still had a 6v electrical system and I was able to buy some parts for it from NAPA.

/ new toy for old girl
Yep.. napabarand # 268 hazerd module.... 2 prong... power in, and out the other prong to the two flasher lights ( via a 1 to 2 spade terminal adapter. ) Unit will run from 18-36 watts worth of flasher... and since my single rear work light is a 35 watt unit.. I'm in business.

Soundguy