New Tractor coming

/ New Tractor coming #1  

gorm

Tractor
New Holland/TC33DA
The finance minister has relented and allowed me to purchase a new TC33D w/FEL, tooth bar, rear blade, filled tires.

Now for some dumb questions:

I would like to get a backhoe in the comming months - do I need some "extra" hydralics on the back for this (SCV or something?)

Are there some options you guys wished you ordered up front that you miss?

thanks,

mark

/ New Tractor coming #2  
Congratulations!

To run the backhoe with your tractor hydraulics you do need a power beyond. (Basically some plumbing to the rear of the tractor. You can get it now or later. Not sure if it is any cheaper now - you'd have to ask your dealer.

If I did it again, I'd get a quick attach for the front bucket so I could run forks. Also I would get the rear SCV(s) aka rear remotes (valves for running hydraulic cylinders - top & tilt / log splitter that sort of thing).

/ New Tractor coming #3  
Welcome to TBN!

I'm kind of in the same situation - I'm getting a TN65 and decided to get the backhoe installed from the very start. I'm not sure how much less expensive it is, but it is definitely less of a hassle to have them install it and plumb everything in the very beginning. It saves you a trip to the dealer's service dept. if nothing else. You'll also likely find that dealers will cut a package deal if you get everything at once when you buy the rig.

The question about extra remote hydraulics is a good one - I'm interested in seeing what everyone says. Using a box blade can be so much more enjoyable when everything is hydraulically actuated (raise/lower rippers from the cab, for example). On the old Massey E30B that I drive around every once in a while, it's all manual and mechanical and a giant pain in the butt. I'm sure there are many cases where extra hydraulics is a good investment.

/ New Tractor coming
THanks for the advice HAZ -

So, what is the difference between power beyond and the SCV?

/ New Tractor coming #5  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( So, what is the difference between power beyond and the SCV? )</font>

New Holland's remote valve kits (SCVs) come plumbed with quick disconnects and a valve controlled by a handle on one of your side consoles (mine is on the right side, near the 3ph control).

A power beyond kit just plumbs the hydraulics to an external implement where the control valve is located. In the case of a backhoe, it's more than one control valve. Some tractors don't have the standard remote addons that NHs have and they have to use a third-party control valve mounted somewhere on the tractor. In this instance they also would use the power-beyond fitting.

/ New Tractor coming #6  
The backhoe hydraulics are part of the New Holland backhoe kit.

/ New Tractor coming
Thanks to all who responded! I now know a little more about my hydraulic options - and I will have to consider the Quick Attach option.