New trash hauler.

/ New trash hauler. #1  

4570Man

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M59, Kubota L3800, Grasshopper 428D, Topkick dump truck, 3500 dump truck, 10 ton trailer, more lighter trailers.
My last dump trailer wasn’t holding enough trash so I picked this up the other day. I like that the tailgate is full height. Every trailer I’ve had until this one had a tailgate shorter than the sides and it cost a lot of volume.
IMG_3513.JPG
IMG_3514.JPG

/ New trash hauler. #2  
Nice trailer! Are those 4' sides, 14'? You will need to modify the door holders so you can swing them closer to the bed sides. OEM looks like airplane wings:D

Picture of before and after on my PJ. Mine has 36" sides and tail gate. Mine has the 7 gauge floor and sides but a light duty tail gate, not real impressed with that. It is fine for barn door use but as a spreader gate, too flimsy. Since most of my dumps are spread, I have since went back to towing my Lamar, it has a way better built gate.

0424201234.jpg
0424201336.jpg
0417201049.jpg

/ New trash hauler.
Nice trailer! Are those 4' sides, 14'? You will need to modify the door holders so you can swing them closer to the bed sides. OEM looks like airplane wings:D

Picture of before and after on my PJ. Mine has 36" sides and tail gate. Mine has the 7 gauge floor and sides but a light duty tail gate, not real impressed with that. It is fine for barn door use but as a spreader gate, too flimsy. Since most of my dumps are spread, I have since went back to towing my Lamar, it has a way better built gate.

View attachment 775365View attachment 775366View attachment 775367

It’s 4ft sides 16’ ft long. The doors aren’t my favorite thing. I wish you could pull it down the road with them open.

/ New trash hauler.
Here’s the first load in the new trailer. It’s actually a 2021 that I bought used. It’s rotten wood chips so it’s not as heavy as it looks.
IMG_3504.JPG

/ New trash hauler.
I still have my 14ft 16k Kaufman which was my first dump trailer. I wouldn’t care to sell it and get another high side.
IMG_9684.JPG

/ New trash hauler. #6  
What are you doing with that load of material? Do you have a screener? You have the new style sidewalls with the one piece formed horizontal stiffeners, should be better than the weld on like mine. Mine is a '20, one of the last old styles built. Yours also appears to have a heavier duty top rail than mine, it is on the flimsy side. Picture of my sidewalls cracking. Mine has uprights on the sides but even with 7 gauge walls they are not up to snuff. It will be interesting to see how the 4' walls hold up long term. My 3' are not. 15 yds of chips, go to town load:)

0525211650.jpg

1028221130.jpg

/ New trash hauler.
The compost is just trash from my firewood pile. It still lacks a long time before I would consider it good for anything. I just dump it in the woods. I’m pretty happy with the quality of the sidewalls. I don’t think they’ll cause any problems. I plan on putting a short board on the top to help absorb any impacts that happen.