New yanmar 424 concerns

/ New yanmar 424 concerns #1  

Hafwit

Tractor
Yanmar 424
Hello everyone.
I recieved delivery of my 424 yesterday. Tires loaded. Front end loader. I have 2 concerns first when going up a slight incline 2 feet over 40 feet the tractor will barely crawl up the incline. Tractor bucket empty. I have tried in low and high range, 2wd and 4wd. Forward and reverse. Pedal maxed out and as low as it will go. The tractor is shuddering or feels like it is jumping. Wheels barely turning on the incline. I have tried also with both diff lock and without. Tractor has 6.6 hours on it now. It does fine on flat ground. However I have not had a wheel spin once when using FEL . I do not feel this is normal. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

/ New yanmar 424 concerns #2  
Welcome to TBN.

Congrats on the new tractor.

I think you're experience the learning curve of the HST tractors.

If you're climbing an hill on a car, typically, you press the throttle pedal more to compensate. On an HST tractor, you actually have to depress the forward/reverse pedal so it doesn't bog the engine down.

/ New yanmar 424 concerns #3  
At 2,000-2,500RPM in Low and 4W, it should climb a fairly steep hill (even with a full loader bucket) somewhat faster than you can walk the hill. There should not be any shuddering or jumping .... ever.

/ New yanmar 424 concerns
Digging It thanks for your reply. I will try your recommendations tonight. Something is off I feel on the tractor. I wonder if the hst pressure is too low.

Ptsg thank you for your reply. I will try again tonight. I did have a kubota with hst that would do this without issue.

/ New yanmar 424 concerns #6  
I also suggest lifting up on the pedal when going up the hill.

And use higher rpm's than your old Kubota, the Yanmar engines typically have shorter stroke pistons that make power at higher rpms.

/ New yanmar 424 concerns #7  
I have the 424 and I go up 20-30 degree inclines with a loader full and a backhoe on the rear. Rpms around 25 and 4 wheel engaged. No problem. You’re either trying to press the pedal down too far or you’ve got a serious issue that needs dealer attention.

Thanks for your replies. The dealer replaced all filters and fluids, adjusted hydraulic pressure to factory. Now works fine.

/ New yanmar 424 concerns #9  
Did they happen to tell you where your pressures sat prior to their adjustments?

They did not.