Mowing nh 273 baler disc will not hold twine

/ nh 273 baler disc will not hold twine #1  

bimlay69

Tractor
john deere
nh 273 baler disc will not hold twine then comes out of bale hooks stays connected to last bale continues out the chute then i have to rethread bale hook start over until it happens again does it about every 10 or so bales

/ nh 273 baler disc will not hold twine #2  
Not enough info to say exactly. Worn twine discs/holder. Weak/broken/maladjusted twine holder spring. Get out your operator's manual and read up on knotter troubleshooting. If you don't have an operator's manual, buy one here:

Choose Items

Item 42027315 in hard copy or pdf download. Best $20 you will ever spend on that baler.

/ nh 273 baler disc will not hold twine #3  
Have you greased the knotters recently? Our 273 will start to not release the knots if its not greased regularly.

Aaron Z

/ nh 273 baler disc will not hold twine #4  
Are you using square bale twine ? If it's plastic, you may have picked up balls of round bale twine. If it's sisal, the twine may not be the proper thickness. Twine disc tension is adjustable

/ nh 273 baler disc will not hold twine
it is 9000 ft sisal having problems with only one side baled about 130 bales then started acting up right side works well i did notice that little pieces of twine was building up on the chamber under the left disc

/ nh 273 baler disc will not hold twine #6  
Could also be that the needle isn't consistently delivering twine to the disc or bill hook. Needle adjustment, twine disc timing, broken hay dogs and/or hay dog spring. Twine finger out of adjustment.

That's why I suggested a manual. go through the systematic knotter adjustments IN THE PUBLISHED ORDER.

/ nh 273 baler disc will not hold twine
I have the manual could not find systematic knotter adjustments do not know what i am missing