NH 477 lunging at low idle

/ NH 477 lunging at low idle #1  

Stu K

Tractor
AC 185, MF 65, MF 165,
Hello,

Just hooked up my 477 haybine to make sure she is ready for the season. Last year I had to replace the drive belt but it ran smooth with no issues. When I ran it this time it seems to be lunging at low idle. At a faster idle is evens out but at low idle the lunge is bad almost like a stop and go motion. I have looked it over and cannot see why its doing this. I removed the belt and I am able to spin the rollers by hand so they seem to be in line.

Is this a timing issue? Any idea on where to start, the chains and belts look good.

Thank you in advance.

/ NH 477 lunging at low idle #2  
Hello,

Just hooked up my 477 haybine to make sure she is ready for the season. Last year I had to replace the drive belt but it ran smooth with no issues. When I ran it this time it seems to be lunging at low idle. At a faster idle is evens out but at low idle the lunge is bad almost like a stop and go motion. I have looked it over and cannot see why its doing this. I removed the belt and I am able to spin the rollers by hand so they seem to be in line.

Is this a timing issue? Any idea on where to start, the chains and belts look good.

Thank you in advance.

/ NH 477 lunging at low idle #3  
Dirt dobber wasp done set up house somewhere in your machine I bet. Pressure wash and regrease be my first move. Hope it's easy fix.