No PTO electro clutch engagement

/ No PTO electro clutch engagement #1  

GTSRider

Gold Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 3000
My 2017 Craftsman 26 hp, with 54inch mower deck has had the PTO electro clutch stop working in the middle of mowing. Tractor has 200 hours on it. I checked PTO switch, and it tested good, but bought a new higher amp anyways, and installed it. Checked power to plug for electro clutch, and it is getting power. So, could the clutch have failed at 200 hours , and new one needed, or could it just need a gap adjustment ? What is the spec for the gap ? I have too much going on right now to mess with it, but thought I'd ask. Thanks , GTSRider , Hudson Valley, N.Y.

/ No PTO electro clutch engagement #2  
Sounds like the electric clutch to me. $200 bucks or so I believe. Check for power at the connector for it before replacing it of course! Make sure you have weight in the seat when testing as well.

/ No PTO electro clutch engagement #3  
Try the lawn and garden sub forum here.

best of luck!

/ No PTO electro clutch engagement
Sounds like the electric clutch to me. $200 bucks or so I believe. Check for power at the connector for it before replacing it of course! Make sure you have weight in the seat when testing as well.
It did have power at the connector, but I had brake on , and NOT sitting on seat , will try that ...Thanks !

/ No PTO electro clutch engagement
Found exact part replacement for Warner # 5219177 PTO clutch ...arrived yesterday, and looks very heavy duty,
and well built. My only minor issue, is that plugs don't match up, and new replacement plug is far superior to factory
tractor harness plug, and I 'd like to keep the new PTO wire harness.
Here's a view of new plug ....it is T shaped as seen in this photo.
Amazon.com : 8TEN Gen 3 Electric PTO Clutch for Exmark Toro Warner Zero-Turn 5218-100 103-3245 5218-243 5218-228 103-6590 : Patio, Lawn & Garden
Does anyone know where I could find a T female plug ?