No start problem Kubota RTV1100c

/ No start problem Kubota RTV1100c #1  

cowridermi

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF 65, MF 1080, MF 1100, Kubuta B8200, Farmall 504, Farmall Cubs, Farmall Super A, Belarus 250AS's, Belarus 611, JD F935
Helping out a friend with his RTV. He shut it off one day and it hasn't started since. He had someone else look at before me. From what he said the fellow removed the injectors and looked them over, replaced the fuel filter, had him put an electric fuel pump bypassing the lift pump, and had him replace the shut off solenoid on the injector pump. He had the electric pump removed and back to the lift pump before I started. Air filter removed and clear to intake.

Looking at it the first time it would turn over and try a little to start with lots of black smoke.
I drained the fuel, pumping it out with a electric pump sucking it out with a pipe to get everything out of the tank. Had a little water but not enough for this problem. replaced it with fresh diesel and treatment.
Loosened the lines at the injectors and cranked till we had fuel.
Tested the glow plugs by removing the bus bar and ohming them.

It will crank over better now and almost want to run on its own but just not enough. Cracking one injector at a time and trying, #3 has the least effect at trying to start. I have a compression tester but it doesn't have the adapter for the glow plug for the Kubota. Replaced the injectors but no change.

Thinking the problem may be in the injector pump. Looking for a rebuild kit and none to be found in the states, can order from UK or Italy. There are videos on youtube and it looks straight forward. Does anyone have a source for the Zexel NP-PFR3MD50 pump. Any thoughts on what the problem could be?

/ No start problem Kubota RTV1100c #2  
If you see lots of black smoke when attempting a start it's probably getting fuel but could be really short on air. Check the air filter and from there to the intake manifold for anything that would prevent or obstruct airflow.

/ No start problem Kubota RTV1100c
Air filter is removed at this time and no blockage.