No Welding Table?.... Improvise.

/ No Welding Table?.... Improvise. #41  
Welding table made from scrap.

A friend gave me free scrap from a larger auction win. Five 13" x 6.5" panels. I think they were related to TV wall mounts. Plus a column with plates on each end. I welded the panels together for the table top. The foundation is an old tractor wheel.

We need a thread about projects made with free scrap. I was given incomplete exercise equipment left behind by a tenant. The parts have been the basis for several projects.
Exellent idea 👾🤖👋 Count me in.
You jumped the rabbit,so you should get to post it. Now where should it be? Maybe "Build it yourself" fit's better than welding. You'll need a title that keeps them coming back for more. Trash to treasures?
Rescued from refuse? Rescued for repurpose. Dumpster diving prizes. The repurposing thread. Secound time around. What have you repurposed latly? Let's hear yours,cuss it , descuss it and open it up.

/ No Welding Table?.... Improvise. #42  
I have two 1/2" steel plates that would make nice welding tables but my eyes won't allow me to weld anymore . ( 1 ) - 1/2" X 2' X 3' - and (1) - 1/2" 2' X 4' . Just wish someone was close that needed them . Shipping wouldn't be a good idea . lol

/ No Welding Table?.... Improvise. #43  
I have two 1/2" steel plates that would make nice welding tables but my eyes won't allow me to weld anymore . ( 1 ) - 1/2" X 2' X 3' - and (1) - 1/2" 2' X 4' . Just wish someone was close that needed them . Shipping wouldn't be a good idea . lol
Where are you? Somebody will step up and volunteer! :D

You might even offer to barter for something you could use.

/ No Welding Table?.... Improvise.

Where is close?

/ No Welding Table?.... Improvise. #45  
Excellent idea 👾🤖👋 Count me in.
You jumped the rabbit,so you should get to post it. Now where should it be? Maybe "Build it yourself" fit's better than welding. You'll need a title that keeps them coming back for more.
I can't think of an eye catching name for a 'repurposed' thread but here's a second example.

This 'old man step' I welded onto my tractor has a brass disc found in the old barn, unknown original purpose. Bolted to a chunk of steel that I cut down from a ball mount that was on the back of a box truck. Original use of that photo.

'Waste not, want not' as my Depression-era Dad used to say. But the amount of useless crap he left me in the barns is way beyond anything I will ever use. I've only bought steel for a project a single time in 20 years, 4 ft of 1.5" square tube for this project.

i guess I could populate an entire thread here, re-purposing old photos that I posted to illustrate re-purposed materials. :)

/ No Welding Table?.... Improvise.
Dont have to improvise any more..... Now a real welding table...

/ No Welding Table?.... Improvise. #47  
Dont have to improvise any more..... Now a real welding table...

Nice work Dale