Nova Scotia Farm Show

/ Nova Scotia Farm Show #1  

NSBound

Platinum Member
Tractor
Landini 4140 HST
For those NS members who may be interested, the Nova Scotia Farm show "Farm Nova Scotia", Expo for Small Farming is being held at Exhibition Park in Halifax, Friday March 12 through Sunday March 14. Your dealer may have free tickets for you!:)

/ Nova Scotia Farm Show #4  
I try not to go to those type of shows. Always seem to go home with something I "Want" not really "Need":D

Oh, I'll be there....:cool:

/ Nova Scotia Farm Show #5  
Wow, Ian, that's a beautiful house you've built! Unfortunately for me that Ag show is 2 weeks too early. I work out in Northern BC (I teach school) but I'm coming home for our two week spring break. I have a little old farm (40 acres) in Debert right beside the river. I have what I think is a pretty nice cottage right beside the river and it is so peaceful sitting on the porch and watching the river roll by. I'd retire tomorrow if I could... 10 more years. I do get home as much as I can though.

I was planning to plant a bit of a garden around April 1st. Any idea what types of things would be most likely to come up? I ordered a bunch of stuff from Veseys and will just hope for the best...

Does anyone know of any Ag shows/events around the end of March?

Thanks,

/ Nova Scotia Farm Show
Wow, Ian, that's a beautiful house you've built! ...
I was planning to plant a bit of a garden around April 1st. Any idea what types of things would be most likely to come up? I ordered a bunch of stuff from Veseys and will just hope for the best... Thanks,

Blunosr, thanks for the comment on the house, this has been my first full winter here and with the tractor, it has been quite manageable. On the garden, I did what you are doing - spend too much on seeds and hope for the best, but I'm not starting April 1st, more like the end of May. I'll just be sowing ourdoors, not starting anything inside:).

/ Nova Scotia Farm Show
To anyone who was planning on attending, the NS Farm Show on March 13-14-15 has been CANCELLED. My dealer got a fax from the organizers this morning. Seems there wasn't enough participation to have it. Too bad. :confused:

/ Nova Scotia Farm Show #8  
Not that I was going but I find at these types of shows you always learn something. Find new things you didn't know existed. Was it lack of dealer/manufacture participation?

/ Nova Scotia Farm Show #10  
Very disappointing. I was hoping this would become something big and of interest. The last show, two years ago was very informative - they alternate them every two years.

When my tractor was serviced several weeks ago I asked the tech if they would be setting up at the show and he said yes. He also commented they got a few sales from being there - so the costs paid off.

Too bad for the narrow thinking from some suppliers...

The Moncton Farm show next year will make up for the loss I guess.