NX starting issues

/ NX starting issues #1  

Tigershark

Silver Member
Tractor
KIOTI NX5510 Cab HST with Backhoe
Have a NX that was running fine. Was running the cutter when I had to shut it off and hop out for a few minutes. Got back In and tractor would not start. I unplugged the seat and jumped it and managed to jump the solenoid with a screw driver to get it started. I have checked all the fuses they are all fine. I swapped out the relays for the obvious pto, safety relay and nothing just get a click over in the fuse box area. Looking for any help

thanks

/ NX starting issues #2  
   / NX starting issues #3  
AND... use an ohm meter!

I had a fuse that looked good on my Kubota B7800 turn out to ohm out as bad. I chased my tail until coming back around and ohm-ing it. In every other instance a visual inspection has worked for me, but this one time...

/ NX starting issues
Thanks guys I'll double check with the meter It's got to be something relatively minor I hope Just got all my wheat sprayed yesterday so I'll have time to chase electrical issues now since all my farm work is done for right now
need to upgrade to some leds so I can see at night

/ NX starting issues #5  
Read all the way through this thread.

/ NX starting issues
Thanks I’ve read that thread to my knowledge I do t have a safety clutch switch since it’s a hydro. I do hear two load clinks i. The fuse box area when pressing the brake, Ive Tested every fuse and relay in the cab and the two main relays in the engine bay. Outdoor be the harness not sure what the test for that would be to tell if it is not working. Dealer is weeks out and I don’t have a trailer. Right now just starting with a screwdriver and jumping the solenoid

/ NX starting issues #7  
There is a module in the cab that controls all the safety. Mine is a hydro as well. There have been more than one of us that this module has gone out on. Those of us that have had a bad safety module pulled our hair out checking switches, fuses, relays etc. The thing about the safety module is that if it is bad it will not prevent the tractor from running once started, it just prevents it from starting with the key.

Here is the kicker on the start relay under the hood -
1. The safety module tells the ECM whether it is ok to start or not. Tractor must be in neutral, seat switch says you are in seat, brake depressed, brake lever flipped over so both brake pedals locked together, PTO disengaged, neither forward of reverse hydro pedal depressed. If all this is met the safety module sends the signal to the ECM that it is ok to start the tractor.
2. The circuit that is completed is the Negative on the relay. So the way it works if the module says it's not ok to start then the ECM will not complete the ground circuit on the start relay when the key is turned over to start.
3. If you jump the negative on the start relay under the hood to a frame ground you can start the engine with the key - caveat is that it will have bypassed every safety in place to keep you from starting - so it could start with anything listed in #1 above in the wrong position.

When mine was going wonky I could unplug the safety module and plug it back in and the tractor would start. Dealer replaced it with supposedly updated one under warranty.

If you read through that thread I linked to the second page of it you will see another poster attached the wiring diagram you will need to figure this out.

Last edited:
   / NX starting issues
Dusty,
I ran that test and I was getting a consistent 88 not 98 on my meter.

/ NX starting issues
Ended up being a bad safety module unit, took a chance bought a new one and problem fixed Luckily didn't have to take it to a dealer