Oil Dilution

/ Oil Dilution #11  
I remember reading about either a recall or TSB or potential class action lawsuit about this problem on newer hondas. Do a TSB search, it's a known issue that honda is trying to hide under the carpet by denying customer complaints.

/ Oil Dilution #12  
I have a 2018 Honda Accord with the 1.5L Turbo just at 25,000 mi. I just got back an oil test, fuel dilution is at 4.4 percent. I changed the oil (mobile 1) at about 80 percent of the oil life, or about 5,000 miles.

I just put the Amsoil XL in it, and bought Amsoil Signature for the next change.

Is this alot of oil dilution? I am considering just changing the oil every 3000 miles, but that gets expensive with Amsoil.

Thoughts?
Amsoil = Snake oil!

/ Oil Dilution #13  
Sorry way off topic, but we had an oil dilution system on an older aircraft..... it added gas to the oil to thin it out for the next cold morning start. A good warm up on the next start up would burn the fuel off. It was just a spring loaded switch..... ‘about 30 seconds ‘ought to be enough’...... :)

/ Oil Dilution #14  
Sorry way off topic, but we had an oil dilution system on an older aircraft..... it added gas to the oil to thin it out for the next cold morning start. A good warm up on the next start up would burn the fuel off. It was just a spring loaded switch..... ‘about 30 seconds ‘ought to be enough’...... :)
Good answer as 4 sure any gas mixed with the oil would evaporate within a very short time.
I'm from aviation background as well.
As I recall you idled for X mins for every seconds of dilution; either way by the time you were up to operating temps and ready for take off all the dilution had evaporated.
(LOL, the original 0-30 wt oil.)

It always irked me when local garages insisted on an oil change if a driver 'flooded' his engine on a cold day B4 boosting properly. (usually an old battery was the actual problem)
Today they call that 'upselling'.

In the poster's info I seemed that dilution was in fact quite minimal and it would not worry me.

/ Oil Dilution #15  
Good answer as 4 sure any gas mixed with the oil would evaporate within a very short time.
I'm from aviation background as well.
As I recall you idled for X mins for every seconds of dilution; either way by the time you were up to operating temps and ready for take off all the dilution had evaporated.
(LOL, the original 0-30 wt oil.)

It always irked me when local garages insisted on an oil change if a driver 'flooded' his engine on a cold day B4 boosting properly. (usually an old battery was the actual problem)
Today they call that 'upselling'.

In the poster's info I seemed that dilution was in fact quite minimal and it would not worry me.
As we were just operating on floats, we didn’t use the dilution much, just early/late season and only because r was installed. Was on a Norseman (R-1340).