Oil extractor on Kubota B

/ Oil extractor on Kubota B #1  

RalphVa

Tractor
JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R
I just did the 50 hour engine oil change on the B2601. Wonder if anyone has used an oil extractor to know which side of the pan the extractor empties?

I should have done it, e.g. used oil extractor to figure this out. Then I'd only unscrew the plug that it does not empty next change @ 250 hours. Will do it then.

Had troubles with getting the right side plug back in until I dislodged the copper gasket. Then found that side leaking a day later. Tightened it some more.

/ Oil extractor on Kubota B #2  
I just did the 50 hour engine oil change on the B2601. Wonder if anyone has used an oil extractor to know which side of the pan the extractor empties?

I should have done it, e.g. used oil extractor to figure this out. Then I'd only unscrew the plug that it does not empty next change @ 250 hours. Will do it then.

Had troubles with getting the right side plug back in until I dislodged the copper gasket. Then found that side leaking a day later. Tightened it some more.

I am curious as to why you would use an oil extractor??

/ Oil extractor on Kubota B
One of the two drain plugs leaked. Guess cause the copper gasket was not seated well. Had trouble getting the plug started without removing the gasket.

I prefer not to have to open drain plugs and to go underneath engines to do so. Used the oil extractor on 3 JDs. First one I tried it on, I opened the drain after. Absolutely NO oil came out. Use on pickup and 2 cars and diesel generator. Impossible to get the oil out of the generator without using an oil extractor.

Hate the Japanese for putting their oil filters underneath. At least I don't have to open up the drains, just pull the filters. Real pain on the Tacoma.

/ Oil extractor on Kubota B #4  
The oil extractor I have included a thin metal flexible rod that can be used inside the thinner extracting tube to keep it straight.

To test which pan the extractor went into (emptied), stick that thin metal rod down and have someone tap it into the bottom while you are underneath listening for which pan you hear the tapping in. Should be able to do this even if the oil is full