On Line - STIHL - Pricing,, Am I Doing Something Wrong !! ?? NO PRICES??

/ On Line - STIHL - Pricing,, Am I Doing Something Wrong !! ?? NO PRICES?? #1  

CADplans

Elite Member
Tractor
584 IH 4WD
I tried to select a new pole saw, mine was recalled, and refunded (FISKARS)

OK, I used to be able to look up the price of the STIHL item I wanted,, but, that seems to be NO MORE!!

Now, from what I can figure,, I have to SUBMIT AN EMAIL REQUEST to get a price,,

We all know how long an email response takes,,
if I want to compare 5 of them, I could be typing for an hour,, just to get a price,, :confused2: :(

or, if I do the pricing one at a time, getting the pricing responses could take 2 weeks.
Is Stihl really that arrogant? :laughing:

Am I doing something wrong,, or does STIHL REALLY WANT ME TO GO AWAY ?? :eek:

:confused:

HELP,,

/ On Line - STIHL - Pricing,, Am I Doing Something Wrong !! ?? NO PRICES?? #2  
Very few online sites will give you a price, directly. You have to submit an email request. Standard practice - but a real PITA.

/ On Line - STIHL - Pricing,, Am I Doing Something Wrong !! ?? NO PRICES?? #3  
I’m pretty sure Stihl just wants to make sure you go to the local retailer and support their dealers. They are probably doing the best of anyone at not letting many of their products out online and take away business from the small shops. I applaud them for it.

/ On Line - STIHL - Pricing,, Am I Doing Something Wrong !! ?? NO PRICES?? #5  
I haven't looked recently, but the Stihl site used to require you to select a dealer first. Once I did that, it would show prices on most products.
I like Stihl products, but if you are looking for a non-electric or gas pole saw, aka 'manual', take a look at A.M. Leonard Tools. I bought one years ago and can't say enough good things about it. Pole Pruners and Saws | AM Leonard

/ On Line - STIHL - Pricing,, Am I Doing Something Wrong !! ?? NO PRICES?? #6  
For a long time you could look up the MSRP based on zip code- Stihl has slightly different prices in different parts of the country. Recently you needed to select a dealer and go to the dealers' sub site on stihlusa.com and you could see prices there. You still can for many items but pro saws are all "contact us" now.

I have to go the dealer's own web site for those prices. Like Iman posted from a dealer in Dallas.

/ On Line - STIHL - Pricing,, Am I Doing Something Wrong !! ?? NO PRICES?? #7  
Bought the biggest Echo pole saw over 15 years ago, and also got the 10 foot extension also. Been an awesome saw, never given any trouble. 12" bar. Love it! And I'm a die hard Stihl guy. Home Depot gives a slight discount also. Have the Echo CS-355T limbing saw also. Great saw at half the price of Stihl. Won't say Stihl is over rated or over priced, but as Eddie Walker says, Echo saws are good products.

/ On Line - STIHL - Pricing,, Am I Doing Something Wrong !! ?? NO PRICES?? #8  
Bought the biggest Echo pole saw over 15 years ago, and also got the 10 foot extension also. Been an awesome saw, never given any trouble. 12" bar. Love it! And I'm a die hard Stihl guy. Home Depot gives a slight discount also. Have the Echo CS-355T limbing saw also. Great saw at half the price of Stihl. Won't say Stihl is over rated or over priced, but as Eddie Walker says, Echo saws are good products.

They are, and for about 75% of the price of a Husky or Stihl. I bought my first Echo to replace my 346 Husky which died too soon. The Echo gave me 7 trouble free years... too bad that I kept it for 9. :D I now have a 590 which is a great saw... not as fancy as a Husky and it weighs a bit more, but I've already had it longer than the 545 it replaced.

/ On Line - STIHL - Pricing,, Am I Doing Something Wrong !! ?? NO PRICES?? #9  
I've been a Stihl guy for years. Two saws, a blower, commercial string trimmer. Generally good stuff. But the local dealer closed. Local chainsaw repair won't work on them. We now have a couple of local dealers with tiny inventories and no repair capability. Can't order stuff from them on line.

For these reasons my next purchase will not be Stihl. Just too much hassle to do simple things like getting repair parts. Also, not real impressed with build quality of my current Farm Boss saw.

I've had an Echo saw that was stolen. Every bit as good as the comparable Stihl.