Pettibone Backhoe /Loader Multi-Hoe

/ Pettibone Backhoe /Loader Multi-Hoe #1  
Tractor
not yet....
Hi All,
I am currently looking at a 1974 Multihoe made by Pettiibone. Its sat for probably 5-7 years, has a Detroit diesel (3-53 I believe), air over hydraulic Wagner brakes and supposedly 1,500 hours according to the gauge on the cluster. 2 wheel drive, very heavy machine.
The current owner purchased it a long time ago for business but never really got a round to using it. I have seen it parked for several years and finally decided to approach him again (the first time he wanted $5,000 for it, last year). He said it starts and runs, he had someone looking to buy it but then the pump just started leaking fluid.
If the engine runs he would take $1,500 for it. The rear tires were replaced when he bought it, so the rubber is old but they hold air and lots of tread. Im sure some of the hoses and ram seals would need to be replaced in addition to the hydraulic pump. Unfortunately, I am having a very hard time finding any information, parts costs and operating procedures on this piece of equipment making it difficult to figure out if this is worth it.
Additionally, I am concerned about the transmission, I believe its a 2 fwd, 1 Rvr, Allison transmission.
If the unit has been sitting for so long what can I expect will need to be repaired/replaced?
Can the hydr pump be replaced in frame or do I have to yank the engine?
Currently the bucket and shovels are down, if I buy it i would prefer to do the work at my house rather than his (10 min drive), any suggestions on how to raise the equipment so I can drive it on a trailer? Any input on adapting a standalone 12v hydraulic pump or log splitter to do the task?
I'm mechanically inclined, done a lot of work on mercedes diesels, but the lack of information coming up on these Pettibones has me concerned.

thanks,
george
2014-01-12 15.11.27.jpg2014-01-12 15.13.51.jpg2014-01-12 15.16.33.jpg2014-01-12 15.16.39.jpg2014-01-12 15.16.42.jpg