placement of weld - on grab hooks for loader

/ placement of weld - on grab hooks for loader #21  
   / placement of weld - on grab hooks for loader #22  
I've put two at the outer ends of my bucket with one in the center. All three are on 3/8" steel 6' wide reinforcement plates.

/ placement of weld - on grab hooks for loader #23  
Why weld?.....

Slots-3.jpg

Bucket.jpg

Dale

/ placement of weld - on grab hooks for loader #25  
   / placement of weld - on grab hooks for loader #26  
Reinforcing plate either way. ;) If you've ever mounted marine hardware ...

I plan to do what I usually do. I check out a product online, Amazoo etc, then buy local. Kenny is local enough for me. :) I'll likely go with bolt-on. (My welding could suck a Boeing 707 up three flights of stairs.)

Making backers (like wide, thick fender washers) will be easy. I'll need to count up pairs to mount, two fixed buckets, 3 QAs, 2 grapples, BH chassis & boom or bucket, that I could use hooks on vs wrapping chains. :mur: :2cents:

/ placement of weld - on grab hooks for loader #27  
Why drill? Much easier to weld if you have the machine. Bolt on's are fine for someone without a welder or welding ability. --------------------.
Did not have to drill. Hole was there. Can run the chain forward or down the back:

P1190001.JPG
P1190002.JPG

P1190003.JPG
P1190004.JPG

/ placement of weld - on grab hooks for loader #28  
i added a top reinforcing plate on my Kioti bucket so i could add a 2-5/16" batt to move my horse trailer, and support the hooks. ive used this for 10 years now without any damage to bucket. I did not worry about the outer 2 hooks as they were so close to the supporting edge. not the slightest hint of a bend. bucket hooks.jpg 0327111410.jpg

If i had this bucket, i would not need hooks. those were my dogs. 0208 adj.jpg

/ placement of weld - on grab hooks for loader #29  
Why drill? Much easier to weld if you have the machine. Bolt on's are fine for someone without a welder or welding ability. I like to weld a reinforcing plate on the bucket first then weld on the hook. Cant do that with bolt on hooks.

Because I have doubts about my little HH 140 welder and it operator to create a bond that will be reliable.... And I learned about bolts and nuts in the 38 years in a industry where you could not weld in side customers building....

Besides I think two 150,000 PSI grade 8 bolts has more holding power the a 70,000 PSI weld....

Dale

/ placement of weld - on grab hooks for loader #30  
why drill ...

lNqpKE2.jpg