Plastic Welding and Repair

/ Plastic Welding and Repair #1  

yomax4

Elite Member
Tractor
ISEKI TA 247. Stihl Saws Gravely Zt's Polaris ATV's State Of The Art Welding Equipment
There are several ways to use a heat gun to run beads with plastic welding rods. I have like 5 kinds of material. The repairs always leave a nasty scar. But when it comes to fussy crack repair on harder plastics I decided to try this new electric staple type unit. I reluctantly traded some junk for it and it came with a bunch of various bend staples I guess you'd call them. The are bendable and are Stainless steel. the whole kit is about $30 and extra staples are half that. I can't say enough good about this thing. Check out some vids on the tube and just know that it works as simple as it looks. Now I can fix the nose cone on my tractor that was pretty much un fixable by any other means.

Attachments

• Plastic Repair.jpg
    Plastic Repair.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 116
   / Plastic Welding and Repair #2  
   / Plastic Welding and Repair
H50 or look for Plastic staple repair. They are out there. E-bay and Amazon too. I was so impressed I just stood there and laughed.

I quickly learned that you are better off pulling the trigger and watching for a little color before you deploy. I'm surprised they aren't trying to get $100 for this.

Last edited: