Please help :)

/ Please help :) #1  

bostonboy

I was born and raised in the Boston Mass, and moved to an agricultural area in Ohio 10 years ago. I liked the rural area so much, I just bought 5 acres ( with the option to buy 15 more ). I have been reading as many posts as possible, and cannot find anything on the Case DX series. I stopped by some dealers the other day and it seemed that the Boomers are identical to the Case. Is there a difference?

/ Please help :) #2  
Hi Bostonboy. Welcome to TBN and the midwest! Both can be a lot of fun /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif There was some discussion on the Case DX recently on this thread Case DX. I thought there was some more info somewhere on the board, but I couldn't find it. Try using the search feature.

Where in Ohio did you end up?

Good luck with your tractor hunting and midwest living /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-32437-790signaturegif.gif

/ Please help :) #3  
Since the Case International/New Holland merger, they're about the same. I haven't talked to the dealers yet about them, but I believe some said you cannot yet get the super steer option on the Cases. You just have to decide whether you like <font color=red>red</font color=red> or <font color=blue>blue</font color=blue> best.

Bird

/ Please help :)
Bird - Is the super steer really that important? Also do they both have the exact same attachements?

I was also looking at Kubota ( I know - wrong Discussion area ), and they are priced much better than the Case in my area, but I have had dealings with the Case dealer in my area and he has always been great. Would you go with a better price on a Kubota - with a suspect dealer, or a known dealer and a higher priced Case?

RobS- I ended up in Milan - fairly close to Sandusky.

/ Please help :) #5  
<font color=blue>Is the super steer really that important?</font color=blue>

I've seen some messages from individuals who have the super steer and think it's great. I've also seen some messages from individuals who said their dealers told them it's just something else to possibly break or need repair or maintenance. So I guess whether it's important depends on the individual and the use of the tractor. Personally, for my own use, I not only wouldn't pay extra for it, I wouldn't want it if it were free. On some models of Kubotas they have something called bi-speed turn and I wouldn't want that either, but apparently it's a good thing for some people.

<font color=blue>Would you go with a better price on a Kubota</font color=blue>

I now have my second Kubota, so yes, I'd go with the Kubota, but each of the brands has features I like better than the other. There's been a great deal said about the importance of the dealer, and I don't disagree a lot, but I think getting the particular tractor you like best is even more important.

Bird

/ Please help :) #6  
the only differance between the case dx and new holland boomer is color and decals and case will not offer super steer super steer is a very nice feature if you are going to do alot of mowing the one and only draw back is that if you have a front end loader when you steer the loader bucket can move side to side up to 8" the super steer front axle has been very reliable Gary

/ Please help :) #7  
bostonboy, When I bought my tractor, I looked at several brands. I did like the NH, features, ergonomics, and so on, but the main reason I chose it was the dealership.
You should get good service out of any of the major brands of tractors being made, but if you do have a problem the dealer is going to become a very important part of the equation.
I guess the question is, how much more is the Case? Is the savings on the Kubota enough to offset any headaches later on?
I didn't get Supersteer on my tractor. I really didn't think I needed it. My TC29 turns around just fine without it. I guess if you had to turn on a dime, or work in tight places, it would be worth the extra money.

Ernie
"I shall never surrender or retreat" William Barret Travis

/ Please help :) #8  
Boston,
The price and dealer depends on how much you're going to use the dealer. In my case I do all my own maintenance and unless it is a warranty issue I have my own mechanic that I take the difficult stuff to. I never even use the dealers for most everything that I buy. That is why to me the price is the most important factor. Typically what you pay at a dealer is two -three times what you pay from a private mechanic. Not saying that's bad they have alot more expenses to pay.

Now if you plan on having the dealer do all of your maint., mechanic work, etc. then I would definitely go with a dealer that you can trust, even if it means paying a little more. If they are truly a good dealer like you say they are shop around and see what someone else can get you a price for on the same machine. IF this guy is the good dealer that you say he is then he should at least be close to the same deal from another dealer. Don't worry about a few hundred dollars if you trust the dealer but definitely worry about a few thousand.

As far as the tractor goes definitely pick the one you like. The top three are all so well built that there really isn't much difference between a Kubota, NH or Case, or John Deere. It really just boils down to what you like the best. If you already have in your mind that you like the case the best then find a good price and buy it. If you really don't care and you can get a better value from the Kubota then buy it. Thing I see alot of people do is buy what they don't really want because of price, dealer, etc. and then wind up trading it in later because what they really wanted was the other one. Either way though you will have an excellent tractor!

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF