Plowed (snow) farm field

/ Plowed (snow) farm field
I found the answer! The farmer (he rents the land) says he plowed that so he would have access to the back part, "to feed the pheasants". He needs to re-do it now that the winds have blown it all closed.

I enjoy the birds as much as anybody, but that seems like a lot of work...

/ Plowed (snow) farm field #12  
The last snow, someone plowed are area the size of a large house lot on the east side of the road. New to the "neighborhood", I was perplexed. My guess was to allow the snow to blow over the road in that spot and not accumulate on road. It is kinda on a crest of hill part of the road.
Eventually, I will ask the "matriarc" of the area. She's live on the road her whole life, and can and did do all aspects of farming. I love her stories. 92 and still active.

/ Plowed (snow) farm field #13  
  • Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / Plowed (snow) farm field #14  
I've never considered any tractor time as work. Not a farmer though...
I've wanted a tractor since I bought my first house, to help with chores etc. Waited until I retired and actually had land to justify. My wife always asked what I needed it for back when, I guess it was for fun. Dig a hole, fill a hole. Now, I'm using it to maintain and expand ect.

/ Plowed (snow) farm field #15  
I've never considered any tractor time as work. Not a farmer though...
I've wanted a tractor since I bought my first house, to help with chores etc. Waited until I retired and actually had land to justify. My wife always asked what I needed it for back when, I guess it was for fun. Dig a hole, fill a hole. Now, I'm using it to maintain and expand ect.
For some men, myself included, tractor time is Soul time. I've been retired 10 years. My tractor stable is at 4.