Powerstar T4.75 has a catalytic converter now? A better solution for Tier IV?

/ Powerstar T4.75 has a catalytic converter now? A better solution for Tier IV? #1  

danisiri

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M7060HDC12
I'm in the market to trade in my LS XR4040H for either a Powerstar T4.75, a Kubota M7060HDC, or a LS 6168CPS.

The NH salesman is telling me that the new Powerstars have essentially a catalytic convertor versus a DPF or need for DEF. Have others heard this?

/ Powerstar T4.75 has a catalytic converter now? A better solution for Tier IV? #2  
I asked this question several months ago in regards to the 54D CVT. Never got a reply. I'm still interested, so hope someone will speak up. Vic

/ Powerstar T4.75 has a catalytic converter now? A better solution for Tier IV?
The New Holland website says:

PM CATALYST, EFFICIENT EMISSIONS TECHNOLOGY

The PowerStar meets Tier 4B emissions Regulations by using advanced PM (Particulate Matter) Catalyst technology. This is a simple, flow through particulate filter that captures soot, contained in exhaust gas, and passes it through the PM Catalyst and, when it touches the walls, it is burned off. The end results is the filter does not block due to the high flow of exhaust gases and will not require the regular regeneration that occurs with a DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter).

http://agriculture1.newholland.com/...lers/powerstar-series-tier-4b/features/engine

It would be interesting to see how reliable this is. I am a little concerned about the Powerstar T4.75 being assembled in Turkey though.

/ Powerstar T4.75 has a catalytic converter now? A better solution for Tier IV? #4  
The New Holland website says:

PM CATALYST, EFFICIENT EMISSIONS TECHNOLOGY

The PowerStar meets Tier 4B emissions Regulations by using advanced PM (Particulate Matter) Catalyst technology. This is a simple, flow through particulate filter that captures soot, contained in exhaust gas, and passes it through the PM Catalyst and, when it touches the walls, it is burned off. The end results is the filter does not block due to the high flow of exhaust gases and will not require the regular regeneration that occurs with a DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter).

http://agriculture1.newholland.com/...lers/powerstar-series-tier-4b/features/engine

It would be interesting to see how reliable this is. I am a little concerned about the Powerstar T4.75 being assembled in Turkey though.

There is nothing wrong with being assembled in Turkey. They have a long history of metalworking and manufacturing in Turkey. There is a significant automotive industry in that country, among other products manufactured there.

/ Powerstar T4.75 has a catalytic converter now? A better solution for Tier IV? #5  
The T4.75 has been around for several years in Tier III and IV versions. All are built in Ankara. Ask somebody that has owned one for 3-4 years about build quality.

/ Powerstar T4.75 has a catalytic converter now? A better solution for Tier IV? #6  
There is nothing wrong with being assembled in Turkey. They have a long history of metalworking and manufacturing in Turkey. There is a significant automotive industry in that country, among other products manufactured there.

Yeah no worries with Turkey. I actually prefer tractors coming from them vs many of the other locations like China, India etc.

/ Powerstar T4.75 has a catalytic converter now? A better solution for Tier IV? #7  
What few reviews I've seen on YouTube and the internet have been positive. Get a dealer to give you a list of folks that have bought them. I would expect minimal issues. If they are as good as my Workmaster that was made in India you will have no worries.

/ Powerstar T4.75 has a catalytic converter now? A better solution for Tier IV? #8  
we have sold many T4.75.. these tractors have been great, no issues, tough and reliable..