Price Check Price check on a L3240HSTC

/ Price check on a L3240HSTC #1  

Woody65

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 4300 HST 4wd
Hi guys. I am looking to upgrade from my open station JD 4300 to a Kubota L 3240HSTC with a LA724 loader and 998 hrs. Main reason is the cab. Getting a little tired of the hot sun in the summer and cold wind in the winter. The unit is very well maintained. Was owned by an 80 yr old mechanical vocation teacher in the school district. Besides the above it also comes with a rear ballast, wheel weights and front and rear aux hydros. Not much on the internet in regards to price. A lot of open station L3240’s. Trying to get a feel for the prices these days. Thanks.

/ Price check on a L3240HSTC #2  
Hi guys. I am looking to upgrade from my open station JD 4300 to a Kubota L 3240HSTC with a LA724 loader and 998 hrs. Main reason is the cab. Getting a little tired of the hot sun in the summer and cold wind in the winter. The unit is very well maintained. Was owned by an 80 yr old mechanical vocation teacher in the school district. Besides the above it also comes with a rear ballast, wheel weights and front and rear aux hydros. Not much on the internet in regards to price. A lot of open station L3240’s. Trying to get a feel for the prices these days. Thanks.

Looking on Tractorhouse their are 6 L3240's HST's for sale and the only one with a cab the dealer is asking $29000 with 904 hours in Tulsa OK. Enlow Tractor is the seller.

Last edited:
   / Price check on a L3240HSTC
Looking on Tractorhouse their are 6 L3240's HST's for sale and the only one with a cab the dealer is asking $29000 with 904 hours in Tulsa OK. Enlow Tractor is the seller.

That’s the only one I could find also. Thanks

/ Price check on a L3240HSTC #4  
consider the price of new VS used and what you are willing to pay. also consider availability. some people will pay 1000$ more than new for a used unit if it is available now vs in 6 months to a year. I paid 37,000 CAD for my l4740 but that was pre covid and it is in real good shape

a loader adds value. I think the history of the machine is worth paying extra. sounds like the owner took care of it.

you can also look at other models in the 40 series to determine price trying looking up a 3540 or 3940

/ Price check on a L3240HSTC #5  
If it's what you want, and really well maintained (sounds like it was?) then be happy you can buy it. Unless it's crazy high priced, it is what it is. There aren't a lot of them for sale, as you know. I am not familiar with the L3240, really, but isn't it a Grand L series tractor? If so, they sure have some desirable features from the get-go. I owned a L3130, and appreciated what it had. I'd still have it were it not so big and heavy for my needs.
Be nice if you'd post the price, maybe after the sale is made or walked away from.

/ Price check on a L3240HSTC #6  
The Lxx40 series tractors are Grand L tractors. They are also the last series before the tier 4 tractors the govt. required. Because of this these tractors are going up in value, even faster then other models.

/ Price check on a L3240HSTC #7  
I have an L3560, the successor model to the L3240.

With a cab and HST you may find it somewhat slow in motivation on hills. If tires are loaded, slower yet.

/ Price check on a L3240HSTC
Thanks for all the advice. I didn’t pull the trigger fast enough. He sold it to another buyer for 26k. I did run for about 30 minutes and all was good as far as I could see. I’ll have to keep looking. They don’t come up too often in good shape though. Thanks again.