Price Check - TC30

/ Price Check - TC30 #1  

joschae

Tractor
n/a
Hey folks. Looking at my first tractor purchase for 4 acres. Found a 2004 TC 30 with 650hrs. 4x4 and comes with a woods RD6000 finish mower. Asking price is $8500. Looked at it in person and is clean. Seems pretty reasonable IMO. Can much be wrong with them at that low of hours? Small puff of black smoke on startup, but I've read that as normal.

/ Price Check - TC30 #2  
My 1720 with Stoll FC 350 FEL retailed at 12K last year. It had 880 hours and was clean as a pin. The TC 30 is the same tractor with newer model. $8500 is fair. They are stone cold reliable.

/ Price Check - TC30
My 1720 with Stoll FC 350 FEL retailed at 12K last year. It had 880 hours and was clean as a pin. The TC 30 is the same tractor with newer model. $8500 is fair. They are stone cold reliable.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. It's a little nerve racking when you have never owned one. Makes it hard to evaluate. I looked for the basic signs of abuse based on some recommendations from a website.

/ Price Check - TC30 #4  
Good price, good tractor. That is nothing for hours.

/ Price Check - TC30 #5  
If the tractor has no loader, I don't think that is a great price. I'd say 6500 to 7 grand for the tractor and maybe 800 to 1000 for the mower. That's 7300 to 8 grand. I'd be looking to buy it for somewhere in the middle of that range.

With a loader, that price is certainly a bargain if in good shape.

Either way, the TC30 is a great tractor.

/ Price Check - TC30
Picking it up for $7800. If going at a decent pace then letting off the hydro it have a "haulting squeaky" noise. I'm guessing this is normal. I used the 4wd and all the ranges. PTO works fine. Anything else to watch for?

/ Price Check - TC30 #7  
Yeah, those hydros make a bit of a racket when you let off quickly. The only issue I ever had with mine was it would run too cool. The thermostat was stuck open. A few bucks for a new thermostat and gasket and 30 minutes to R&R. Otherwise, no 'common issues' with these that I know of.

Well - key switch likes to rotate when you turn the key - no biggie. Light switch and hazard light switch tends to corrode and not turn on / off. Really minor stuff.

/ Price Check - TC30
Yeah, those hydros make a bit of a racket when you let off quickly. The only issue I ever had with mine was it would run too cool. The thermostat was stuck open. A few bucks for a new thermostat and gasket and 30 minutes to R&R. Otherwise, no 'common issues' with these that I know of.

Well - key switch likes to rotate when you turn the key - no biggie. Light switch and hazard light switch tends to corrode and not turn on / off. Really minor stuff.
Thanks!

/ Price Check - TC30 #9  
I have a 2007 TC30 with very low hours. 2 wheel drive. I just bought a larger Mahindra and want to sell it. Does anyone have a price range of what to ask for it? Is there somewhere I can look up a value?

/ Price Check - TC30 #10  
I have a 2007 TC30 with very low hours. 2 wheel drive. I just bought a larger Mahindra and want to sell it. Does anyone have a price range of what to ask for it? Is there somewhere I can look up a value?

Go to tractorhouse.com look up what they are going for. This should help.