Price for a new BX23S

/ Price for a new BX23S
UPDATE ...

I was just informed, the BX23S I ordered in early September has arrived at the dealership. What has yet to arrive is the box scraper, 3-point hitch linkage, mechanical thumb and cutting edge for the bucket.
Perhaps this information will be helpful for those considering placing an order or wondering how long deliveries are taking.

/ Price for a new BX23S #12  
Yikes, crazy what Covid is doing to deliver dates of everything and supply chain. Looking forward to the days when buyers have some leverage again. I’m delaying all non essential large purchases for as long as possible. I’ll not pay through the teeth unless absolutely necessary. And these waits are ridiculous.

/ Price for a new BX23S #13  
Price is OK. To much but that is what they are asking.
Quick Hitch is an absolute. I have bought several front end attachments and love the way they quickly go on and off.
Make sure you get a third valve. Plow or grapple is usless without the third valve.
In addition, be ready to fit with hydraulic pressures on the connectors. Seems like everytime I put on and take off my Grapple, I fight trying to relieve hose and attachment pressures before being allowed to connect.

/ Price for a new BX23S #14  
Price is OK. To much but that is what they are asking.
Quick Hitch is an absolute. I have bought several front end attachments and love the way they quickly go on and off.
Make sure you get a third valve. Plow or grapple is usless without the third valve.
In addition, be ready to fit with hydraulic pressures on the connectors. Seems like everytime I put on and take off my Grapple, I fight trying to relieve hose and attachment pressures before being allowed to connect.

I know two ways to connect hydraulic hoses - the rag and tag system with a soft hammer and a red shop rag. Or the easy way using Waite decompression pliers from Boltonhooks.com.

Both are equally messy.

/ Price for a new BX23S #15  
Mine have the Flat surface couplers on them not the pointed ones.
I found that at times I have to loosen the connector with wrenches to relieve that stored up pressure. Don't like disconnecting but it works.
I'll have to look up your pliers. I know about the hammer.

/ Price for a new BX23S #16  
I think the price is right.You can buy it if you trust the seller.

/ Price for a new BX23S #17  
I know two ways to connect hydraulic hoses - the rag and tag system with a soft hammer and a red shop rag. Or the easy way using Waite decompression pliers from Boltonhooks.com.

Both are equally messy.
On my BX2230 FEL connectors to remove the arms, manual says to shut machine off, then move the joy stick in all directions before removing couplers. Just a few dribbles come out. With my dad's JD1070 while mounting the rear snowblower cylinder, he was fighting the connections. Told him to shut off the tractor, jiggle the hydraulic lever for the cylinder, and easy hook up of connectors. On both tractors, pressure on the system and the tractors runnings, connectors are about impossible to operate. Shutting off and reliving/equalizing pressures helps. Just my observations. Jon

/ Price for a new BX23S #18  
On my BX2230 FEL connectors to remove the arms, manual says to shut machine off, then move the joy stick in all directions before removing couplers. Just a few dribbles come out. With my dad's JD1070 while mounting the rear snowblower cylinder, he was fighting the connections. Told him to shut off the tractor, jiggle the hydraulic lever for the cylinder, and easy hook up of connectors. On both tractors, pressure on the system and the tractors runnings, connectors are about impossible to operate. Shutting off and reliving/equalizing pressures helps. Just my observations. Jon
Also, on an implement (backhoe, grapple) connect the hoses together when leaving it set. When left disconnected and in the sun, pressure will build up in the hoses and make it near impossible to reconnect. Also, with backhoes, set it on boards before dismounting and then relieve the pressure after shutting of the tractor prior to disconnecting the hoses.

/ Price for a new BX23S #19  
Ya, that works to relieve the tractor side & implements before you disconnect. However implements get funky when unhooked. If there is any weight on a cylinder it pressurizes the line. But mostly it's heat. If you disconnect on a cold day then try to reconnect on a hot day or if the hoses have been in the sub it gets ugly. The oil expands just enough with the heat to prevent an easy hookup.

/ Price for a new BX23S #20  
True about sun heating hoses, etc. However, dad's and my attachments are stored under cover out of the sun. Jon