Price Check Price of TC 29,33 and their capability

/ Price of TC 29,33 and their capability #1  

Anonymous Poster

Because my old 8N isn't as reliable as I need it to be, I'm thinking of buying a Boomer. Finances are limited so what kind of price can I expect for a TC29 or 33 without hydrostat, with folding ROPs and deluxe 3pth? I called a couple dealers (KC area) and all they wanted to talk about were the D models with Supersteer something like $14500 for 25D and 15500 for 29D. I plan to use it for roatery and finish mowing, moving dirt with box blade, rear blade and rear scoop. Also, will these tractors pull a 6 foot medium duty rotary mower? Thanks in advance.

Grant

/ Price of TC 29,33 and their capability #2  
Grant, since you're accustomed to the old Ford, you might be happy with the straight gears on the TC, but I do think if you'd try the HST, you'd be a lot happier with it for the kind of work you say you intend to do. And while you might be able to use a 6' rotary cutter, depending on how heavy stuff you intend to cut, I do believe you'll want to stay with a 5' one instead.

Bird

/ Price of TC 29,33 and their capability
Thanks for the advice Bird. I did look at and drive around a 25D with the hst and ss and have fallen in love with the convenience of the hst, of course. I think I probably will go ahead and get it when the time comes but can probably get by without the supersteer. I'd love to have a 35 or 40 D with all the bells and whistles but there is that darn gap between what I want and what I can afford. :)

Grant

/ Price of TC 29,33 and their capability #4  
Grant, I sure understand about the gap between "what I want and what I can afford." I've faced that many times. And of course I just wouldn't want a tractor without HST if I had to do a lot of maneuvering with it. I've read some messages from folks who really like their supersteer, but I've never driven one, don't like the looks of it, and don't think I would want it. Of course, if I ever drove one, there's a possibility I'd change my mind.

Bird

/ Price of TC 29,33 and their capability #5  
Grant, I've got the 29D with the hst, and really like it. I tried the ss, but really didn't think I needed it. So far I haven't had any regrets. I would recommend the deluxe hitch, as it is very handy. Good luck.
ErnieB