Chains Problem with front chains on L35

/ Problem with front chains on L35 #1  

Telstar2112

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L35, GR2120
Posted this in the wrong section so re-posting here, sorry for the double post.

I'm mounting chains on my kubota L35. On the fronts I finally got them mounted up nice and tight and even but then I noticed that if I turn the wheel all the way the chains rub on the tie rod. Is the solution "just don't turn all the way" or is that likely to cause a problem? I have already spent a lot for 2 link rear chains, rear wheel spacers, and the front chains so I am hoping for a cheap solution.
Thanks,
Steve.

/ Problem with front chains on L35 #2  
You could adjust the steering stops out.

/ Problem with front chains on L35
You could adjust the steering stops out.

Ha! Thats what my wife said! I was wondering if there was such a thing. Is it obvious how to do this, I have not looked at it yet as it was snowing a lot, freezing cold and I dont have a garage yet (almost finished).

/ Problem with front chains on L35 #4  
If you have them, I think they're just bolts threaded into an ear on the steering knuckle, the head of the bolt acts as a stop. If you do adjust them, be sure to measure exactly where they were before you moved them, you'll want to put them back in the spring.

Sean

/ Problem with front chains on L35 #6  
tractor is not really designed for front chains

True, but if if have to run chains on front, L35 is tougher than most. Still you will fatuige the front reduction gears with hard use.