Pros and Cons of Kioti

/ Pros and Cons of Kioti #101  
Probably have to the math for PSI - what's it weight and how much tire contact patch.

Are you trying to float over and dig down to solid ground (if that's possible?). For snow you need to dig down, for rain (on a road) the same applies. For crossing soft ground you'd want a large/light foot print as possible.

the only way to know for sure is do the match - if the tire is 5" wider, that's what, 20% wider? So a contact patch of say, 100 square inches is now 120. If the weight on that is 3000lb it's 30lb/si and goes to 25. How to know if that makes a difference, enough of a difference?
I don't have to deal with snow in South Louisiana, so that is why I wanted slightly larger R4's. Keep in mind brands like Kubota and LS offer the tire size I thought I wanted on very similar weight tractors.

I for sure don't want super large mud tires on my tractor.

I was only stating that I wished I could have gotten a slightly wider tire like on other brands. Because I often deal with wet soft ground.

Another poster mentioned that a larger tire would only provide floatation and not traction, I disagree with that in the case of mud i think that almost 5000 lbs (with the loader) is enough weight for an increase of 5.2" of tread width.

Thoughts?

/ Pros and Cons of Kioti #102  
It's my opinion this thread has drifted so far off track its original purpose is totally lost in the weeds. To the OP, you can request it be closed if you chose, by the admin.:confused3:

/ Pros and Cons of Kioti #103  
It's my opinion this thread has drifted so far off track its original purpose is totally lost in the weeds. To the OP, you can request it be closed if you chose, by the admin.:confused3:

lol..yeah there are two more like this one that make good candidates.....:)

/ Pros and Cons of Kioti #104  
I know nobody wants to say they bought a POS. I'm looking at Kioti DK5010 and would like to know what you like or dislike about the tractor. Is it exceptionally strong or weak in any areas?
I know this is an old thread, but thought I would share my experiences. In Jan of 2019 I bought a RX6620cab w/elect shuttle. I put 400hrs on it the first year. Never did I have a single problem with the tractor that was not fault of my own. The tractor never broke or failed in any way. Now I tore up plenty.........the wife said I should sell it and buy a dozer, because I was really rough on it. When I'm working, I use what I got to get the job done, so I bent a few things along the way. One thing with a tractor of this size, you have to be mindful of how you use it, because it will break or bend your equipment. I had a 72" grapple, and bent it pushing with it. I know, told you I'm rough on em. Had a 72" box blade, that was really a CAT 1 but was pretty robustly made compared to some, and I bent three of the cleats on it by snagging concrete trying to pull it up from a driveway. The tractor is so strong, it can bend the implement before you can get on the clutch if you are not careful. Put two fans on it, because of brush hogging in thick 10' tall stuff where you can't see well, and backed up, jabbing sticks up under the hood sides and into the fan. My fault also! The long and short of it is, I ended up putting over 700hrs on this tractor, and sold it because I thought I was finished with the hard heavy stuff, and could get by with my smaller MF230S, and I could get rid of that extra payment. Anyway, back to the tractor purchase. I researched for over a year before I bought the Kioti, and looked at and drove nearly everything currently on the market. In my opinion......there is nothing that I shopped that had the Fit & Finish of the Kioti. I have family that works for John Deere, and even with his discount applied, I could not be swayed to buy the Deere. They are just not put together as well, ergonomics for the driver on the Kioti is so far ahead of the rest it's not even comparable. Standard features surpasses all other brands I looked at, and it ran like a singer sewing machine. Someone on here mentioned block heaters.....I didn't have one, although had planned on buying one at some point. The day I sold the tractor, it was 18 degrees. The new owner and I was talking on the phone while he was driving from near Nashville down to my house near Memphis. He asked, since it has not been started in over a month, and with it as cold as it was that day, do I think it would start? I said sure....probably.....but really had no idea, since we had not had that cold of weather in a while, and it had been setting. I don't even think it had any anti gel in the fuel. Anyway, I thought I had better go check it out and make sure before the man with the cash showed up. Anyway.......it started right up, and no differently than it would on a 90 degree day. The tractor sold that day, and I have regretted selling it nearly from that day on. Now, I realize that after you have a loader tractor, you cannot be without a loader tractor. I cannot even say enough good things about my Kioti tractor, and not one single negative from my 700hrs of ownership. I bought mine in Murfreesboro TN at Larry Stovesand Equipment, and could not have been happier with the buying process, and the fantastic after the sale support, and parts department when ordering replacement parts for the pieces I ordered when I tore something up. Sometimes, they shipped me the parts or drop shipped from the factory with two day service, before I even paid for them. They would just call me and say they were on the way, and give me total and I just paid over the phone. So you can see, I am a totally satisfied Kioti customer. As of today, I now plan to buy another Kioti tractor, and I don't even plan on looking or considering another brand.

/ Pros and Cons of Kioti #105  
Interesting......... Go to 20:50 even if you don't watch the whole thing....

Best ways to break your tractor, part 1.

/ Pros and Cons of Kioti #106  
Old thread but what the hay; might as well chime in.

Having spent the better part of my adult life troubleshooting and repairing heavy duty equipment, industrial engines and generators; I would like to point out that most of the failures I have been a part of repairing have been due to neglect or abuse. Equipment and parts fail. They fail faster if you're using them wrong and don't take care of them.

I love the phone calls: "Yeah; I got this Olympian generator and it used to start and run but I haven't heard it in while."

I get there and there is 3 years of yard waste and pool toys surrounding the unit. A family of feral cats live under the generator barrel. Battery is the original white with yellow caps from 1999; dry as the desert. Battery charger spiked at 10amps; wait, no the needle is rusted and wont move. Oil barely registers on the dipstick. Radiator is dry. Hoses are dry rotted. Air filter has 5 generations of dirt dobbers who have built a tiny house community in there. Woodward controller wiring looks to have been part of a field mouse flea market; all the good insulation is gone and the only things left are crap.

"It's ran good up 'til now. Figure it may need a battery."

Cha-Ching - It'll be cheaper for you to go to Lowes and buy a new generator. This time; take care of it.

I can't even take the YouTube videos I see of people complaining about failures on their equipment seriously. Owners manuals have recommended service intervals for basically everything. The also include limitations. One could assume that those recommendations are only there so they can take more money from the consumer. Or...... one can rely on those recommendations as the MINIMUM effort on the owner to make sure their investment is taken care of. I watched one video where the guy was complaining about having to replace grease fittings because they became caked with dirt. Newsflash, Inspector Gadget; Amazon or your local hardware carry these cute little caps that fit beautifully on them for about a quarter a piece (give or take $30.00 to compensate for "inflation").

The bottom line is; you can absolutely make the wrong choice and buy something that maybe you shouldn't have. But; not everything is crap because it's not name brand. I use name brand because the average consumer today uses brand recognition in 90% of their purchases. Just because you see 364 green hats at a farmers market doesn't mean John Deere is the right tractor for you. Anyway; end rant.

My Kioti has been assembled and I am going tomorrow to look it over and operate it before I finalize the purchase.

Last edited: