PT-1418, treadle slopiness

/ PT-1418, treadle slopiness #1  

davesisk

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey-Ferguson MF 1220
OK, so I had posted before how I cleaned out the wood shreds from the housing where the treadle is, and it made a big difference. ("Treadle" is the right name for the foot-operated forward/reverse rocker pedal, right?) Anyway, it seems that something is loose or slipping in that whole cable assembly. The machine always goes strong in reverse, but sometimes getting it into forward seems to be quite a task, requiring a lot of foot-tapping between fwd/reverse. If something is indeed loose and slipping (because it's worn, I'm sure), I'd like to at least get it adjusted so that forward is strong and reverse is slow. Any suggestions on how to best do this? Keep dinking around with it until I get it? I've got the 1418 manual, and I don't see anything in it about this...

Best regards,
Dave

/ PT-1418, treadle slopiness #2  
Have you called Power Trac?

KCook

/ PT-1418, treadle slopiness #3  
Dave,
I'm just a PT dreamer, (do not have one yet, but want one), but I would check the linkage back to the hydro pump. The peddle assy. controls the amount of movement of the swash plate. Any binding, bending or similiar could cause a problem.
Follow the linkage all the way back during a good visual inspection.

Duane

/ PT-1418, treadle slopiness #4  
I forget what the official name of the device that controls the pump from the treadle assembly on the PT425 is called. It's not just a cable on mine, it is some device that is controlled by a cable that then actuates the pump. You might want to call power trac and ask them.