PT 425 motor mounts

/ PT 425 motor mounts #1  

rjy

Tractor
PT425, John Deere 322, x739
Just a heads up about motor mounts. My engine mounts came loose on my 2017 pt425 with the Kohler engine. The original mounts are just 1”diameter tubing, after they came loose and before I noticed they stared chewing up the bottom of the engine mounting feet (soft aluminum) Let’s just say I don’t think this was a great engineering idea. My replacement mounts are on the left in the picture all machined within .002. The original mounts varied by over .020 and were not even cut square. The new ones are 1 1/4 dia and threaded on both ends so I can attach them to the engine then just install bolts from the bottom and tighten the engine down. So if you start hearing vibration noise from your pt425 ya might want to check.
B1D5B611-F310-4362-BED1-7B6262CB3FAC.jpeg

/ PT 425 motor mounts #2  
Nice work, and a little more counterweight.

/ PT 425 motor mounts #3  
+10 points for the mechanical caliper in the picture...NEVER needs batteries! (My digital ones all seem to eat batteries at the worst possible moment...)

/ PT 425 motor mounts #4  
+10 points for the mechanical caliper in the picture...NEVER needs batteries! (My digital ones all seem to eat batteries at the worst possible moment...)

I don’t mind digital calipers especially with the option to switch between units but digital dial indicators really suck.

/ PT 425 motor mounts #5  
Yeah I wish someone made a digital caliper that was decimal mm and converted to nearest fractional inch with the push of a button...and didn't cost a bazillion $$$.

/ PT 425 motor mounts #8