PT1850 Wheels (Rims)

/ PT1850 Wheels (Rims) #1  

BWSwamper

Bronze Member
Tractor
PowerTrac
Does anyone know if the original rims on the PT1850 can be sourced in the aftermarket. I believe they are GNK rims.

/ PT1850 Wheels (Rims) #2  
For when running single wheels, I made hub adapters to use the new wheels that I had purchased. I have not had to go back to duals since doing that but it is an easy swap if I need to.

/ PT1850 Wheels (Rims) #3  
Does anyone know if the original rims on the PT1850 can be sourced in the aftermarket. I believe they are GNK rims.
I recently converted my 1845 with dual wheels to single . I looked for 12 inch rims and purchased several sets only to find out the off set would not work. I ended up getting 4 rims from power trac, the price was not any more or even less than I could get them elsewhere for new rims. I put 26 x 12 - 12 tires on which is what Terry recommended for tires (found some used tires)

/ PT1850 Wheels (Rims) #4  
The offset on mine was very useful - more (further from the motor) than PT's so chains go on easier and it gives me a wider stance on hills. The negative is twice the ground pressure because I am running singles instead of duals. A member here told us of a deal where the complete wheel (tire and rim) was only $50. I bought 4, liked them so much that I bought 5 more. A couple of months ago, I finally got around to making 4 more wheel adapters. So I now have the second set on without chains and the chains are still mounted to the first set so it is easy to swap back and forth.

PT has done several designs but all the ones I have seen have a large offset. Because you can flip the wheel if not using PT's, I do not see how you could end up with an offset that did not work.

Ken

/ PT1850 Wheels (Rims) #5  
The offset on mine was very useful - more (further from the motor) than PT's so chains go on easier and it gives me a wider stance on hills. The negative is twice the ground pressure because I am running singles instead of duals. A member here told us of a deal where the complete wheel (tire and rim) was only $50. I bought 4, liked them so much that I bought 5 more. A couple of months ago, I finally got around to making 4 more wheel adapters. So I now have the second set on without chains and the chains are still mounted to the first set so it is easy to swap back and forth.

PT has done several designs but all the ones I have seen have a large offset. Because you can flip the wheel if not using PT's, I do not see how you could end up with an offset that did not work.

Ken
Remember I have an 1845 which had 23 x 8.5 x 12 wheels and tires on it. The 26 x 12 x 12 wheels and tires I got were off a Kubota tractor , the bolt pattern matched but the off set would not allow you to get the tire on completely without hitting the tractor frame no matter which way you mounted them it was almost dead center off set.

/ PT1850 Wheels (Rims) #7  
I recently converted my 1845 with dual wheels to single . I looked for 12 inch rims and purchased several sets only to find out the off set would not work. I ended up getting 4 rims from power trac, the price was not any more or even less than I could get them elsewhere for new rims. I put 26 x 12 - 12 tires on which is what Terry recommended for tires (found some used tires)
Same here on 1845. In fact, they were cheaper from PT than many other sources I checked...seems like they were about $50 each.

Please remember...going to a larger diameter wheel and tire will reduce the total torque available. The max travel speed will increase though. On the 1845, I found the reduction in torque was not a problem for my terrain since the 18xx models use high torque motors anyway. However, if you have very steep terrain, you may want to consider your options.