PT425 used Age Opinion

/ PT425 used Age Opinion #1  

waterglyn

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX22 / PT 425
Could someone tell me if they think this used 425 is a fairly recent year model? The top has been removed but it is a 425. Thought you guys with newer machines might would recognize if some of the controls, etc. may be different from yours.

Attachments

• 54-215155-pt425.jpg
    54-215155-pt425.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 152
   / PT425 used Age Opinion #2  
does not look any different from my two year old machine, just cleaner and no ROPS.

good luck

hrl

/ PT425 used Age Opinion #3  
If you have the serial number Power Trac may be willing to help you.

/ PT425 used Age Opinion
The picture is all I have. Are their serial numbers sequential?

/ PT425 used Age Opinion
thank you. thought it looked like the ones on power-tracs web site. It is hard to tell with a machine like a power trac because not many things change year to year to differentiate them.

/ PT425 used Age Opinion #6  
The seat looks like it goes back further than mine, (could be an illusion), and the joystick handle is black(mine is silver), ROPS has been removed, it has a plastic fuel tank(mine does too), the tunnel covers on top and on the left side footwell look like they have been removed, it has a spinner knob on the steering wheel (handy), it has the hydraulic quick attach like mine and it looks like the parking brake is in the off position. I cn see the throttle and choke levers to the left of the steering column, but what is that dark item to the right of the steering column? It also looks like it has the same round Kohler muffler that I have. The turf tires look like the tread is still pretty decent.

Did you see any leaks, damp spots? It is common to have some damp areas around the hydrdaulic reservior filler cap, as it is a vented cap. Just be sure to wipe it down and clean it before you open the hydraulic cap to check the fluid level. Also, I've found that my fuel tank cap will be damp if I fill it within three inches of the top and drive over rough terrain. Check all of the ball joints in the hydraulic ram ends to see if they are smooth and shiney and see if they move easily. And, since the tunnel is exposed, check the joints in there... the great big ones that hold the front and rear halves together and the little bitty ones in the treadle linkage. Good luck. Let us know what you think of it.

/ PT425 used Age Opinion
problem i have is that i have to make a purchase decision based on pictures. it is too far away to drive and see first hand.

/ PT425 used Age Opinion #8  
Tough call to make. I held off on purchasing my new one because I couldn't make a purchase until I sat on one and felt it under my rear end. I was lucky enough to see a landscaper using one and he let me test it out. I'm always leary of used stuff if I can't actually see it first hand.

/ PT425 used Age Opinion #9  
Where's it located?
Maybe someone else on the board could take a look at it.
If you call Don at Power Trac, he probably can tell you what year they went to the Kohler, what year they did the quick attach and what year they went to the green paint. The early 1400 series and 400s were red. At some point, not too long ago I understand, it was decided that the diesel machines would be red and the gasoline machines green.