PTO switch diagram

/ PTO switch diagram #1  

Mtnmnstr

Bronze Member
Tractor
XR4145 & Farmall M
HEY Y'all
XR4145 PTO switch died AGAIN!!!!
Any of you have or know what the wiring for the PTO switch is?
I'm looking to put in a push switch. LIFT UP to run Down to stop.
This is my third PTO switch in 403 hours.

Thanks

Gene

/ PTO switch diagram #2  
have to ask why are they burning up , i would go with a heavy amp toggle switch through another fuse link , maybe even a relay

/ PTO switch diagram #3  
Bad/loose/corroded ground?

/ PTO switch diagram
What I thought was a bad switch again is not the problem this time.
I'm trying to trace back to the PTO solenoid to see if I have power there. I turn on the PTO , I get the dash light and no PTO action in the shaft. I checked my AUTO/MANUAL switch and its set to manual where I run it.
Its been raining so I can't pull the tire off to get to the top of the tranny.
Bad/loose/corroded ground?

/ PTO switch diagram #5  
I would sure like to know if you figure it out I have same deal with a Montana r3644 witch is basically , that I bought knowing it at least needed a clutch and glow plug issue , Split tractor replaced clutch and replaced glow plug relay and PTO spool valve solenoid , No PTO when I turn switch on PTO light comes on dash , I can hear some thing change very slight vibration in front of transmission PTO shaft I can spin by hand . I was trying to avoid pulling top of tranny

Last edited:
   / PTO switch diagram #6  
To the OP ... PM me with your e-mail. I have the electrical system diagrams, but the PDFs are too big to post over TBN server. From what I see, your main harness feeds through a 10A fuse to a White wire w/Black stripe that leads to a splice that feeds your PTO Valve, PTO Micro relay, and an option power/Lift Arm position switch. You also have a second circuit (10A fuse Controller)to the M-PTO switch via the rear harness (Red/White Stripe). The Main PTO switch activates both circuits by connecting to Brown wires to ground.

See if it works on Auto, in which case you have a problem in the either Yellow/green wire or the Lift Arm Position Switch. If you don't have power at Man or Auto, it's probably Lift Arm Position switch. If no power on Auto, check for Power on Pin 4 of Clutch switch.

/ PTO switch diagram #7  
the attached may be all you need

Attachments

• CH 7 - Electrical System sheet 3 .pdf
    177.1 KB · Views: 153
  • CH 7 - Electrical System (sheet 5) .pdf
    184.1 KB · Views: 104
   / PTO switch diagram
Thanks alexpops,
I got a SM and it had the test for the switch. DVM in have I checked the switch and pulled all the fuses. I finely found the PTO control block . Pulled the connector and found 12v when switched on. Cleaned and started up, turned the PTO on , got off and the dash lit up like a stop light. the PTO works. No clue why.

/ PTO switch diagram #9  
Put some dielectric grease on the connection before buttoning everything up. If disconnect/clean made it work, I'm guessing you got corrosion dampness water intrusion issues that will only get worse. Any disconnect should get cleaned greased & put together to extend the time before you need to reterminate things.