Question on the valves

/ Question on the valves #1  

capsparky111

Tractor
New Holland TN75
P7080038.jpgP7080040.jpgP7080041.jpg

I have done a search for the answer for this question. I went to the dealer to ask about putting another valve on top of the two valves that I already have for the loader. They said 1100.00 for the valve and levers. They said on the forum parts should be 200 to 300 and levers and cables another 100 to 200. IS IT THAT HARD TO DO

On these picture where is the power beyond line that people talk about for the 3rd function remote kits like w.r.long and the everything attachment kits.

Last edited:
   / Question on the valves #3  
Capsparky111, I think the W.R. Long and Everything Attachment kits are fine for compact tractors, but I would not use anything but the factory NH remote valves on your tractor. There are many configurations, but most likely they will just add another valve to your stack and then add the finishing components to give you a very nice factory setup that any New Holland shop can fix. I'm pretty sure that in your valve stack, power beyond is an internal port with one of the big fittings (probably the top one) that exits the stack being the one that goes to the 3PH hydraulics. This is a complete guess and I could be completely wrong. One way to tell if your 3PH is after the remotes going to your loader is to try to raise the loader and the 3PH at the same time. Whichever one continues to operate is first in the open-center system. Even if you locate the power beyond port, you have to ask yourself if you can put in a valve and control components while doing your own design? Even if you come up with a working solution, I'd bet you will spend twice as much as the NH kit and have something only you know how to work on. I know it is expensive, but if I were in your shoes, I'd just save up the $1100 and let the dealer do it. I think you'll be a lot happier with the result.:)

/ Question on the valves
You know ,,,,you have a good point and it really isn't that much more in the long run..... I will just put it in and let them do it. And **** I only paid 14,000.00 for it

/ Question on the valves #5  
$1100.00 for how many spools?

Factory is nice, but I have seen many owners do an outstanding job of installing their own valve setup, and learn something from the experience.

You can do it anyway you want, but most hyd is not rocket science.

A 4 spool remote valve setup is about $358.00

Surplus Center - 4 SPOOL 14 GPM PRINCE WVS41BBBB5C1 DA VALVE

You could also do the stack valves and tailor make them to your needs. You know, 4 way valves, detent valves, maybe motor spool, maybe SA cyl control, etc.

All this would depend on your ability, or with a friends help to install the valves and round up all the parts, hoses fittings, and a good location for the valves.

Nobody is wrong here, just whatever suits your needs and ability.

/ Question on the valves
My mechanical skills are good it is just this hydraulic problem has me stumped ..... the tractor has the 16.9 gpmupgrade and there are two stacked valves on it that are operated by cables to a joystick . UP and Down,,,,, Curl up and curl down. All I need is another valve that is cable operated and a lever and cable. I have been looking at the Messick, Partspring for the right parts, but unsure if it is that easy just to unbolt the stack and add the valve in

/ Question on the valves #7  
So you want one or more valves to operate what?, a cyl, a motor, an implement, etc.

If you know the manufacturer of you valve, then just order a spool of your choice and add to the stack and get longer bolts.

Is the valve a Gresen or a Prince stack valve? If so, Surplus has the stack additions, and the bolts.

/ Question on the valves
I will have to check on the make of valve. I want to put a root rake with a double arm grapple on the skidsteer universal

Attachments

• gpl_1.jpg
    gpl_1.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 193
   / Question on the valves #9  
One spool could be used for both grapple sections, or two spools for independent cyl operation.

/ Question on the valves #10  
My mechanical skills are good it is just this hydraulic problem has me stumped ..... the tractor has the 16.9 gpmupgrade and there are two stacked valves on it that are operated by cables to a joystick . UP and Down,,,,, Curl up and curl down. All I need is another valve that is cable operated and a lever and cable. I have been looking at the Messick, Partspring for the right parts, but unsure if it is that easy just to unbolt the stack and add the valve in

I looked at messicks.com too. The valve looks like it can just be added to the stack but it will make the stack higher and raise your toolbox that attaches to the top of the stack. Also, you will have to have a kit that includes the tubing on the right side of the stack since the existing tubing will be too short. You'll need the kit that mounts a lever and the cable connections to the remote valve also that includes the clevis attachment to the valve. I'm not sure where the levers are ordered because I didn't see them in the hydraulics section. They could be part of the operator platform package. From what I did see, all the attachments to the remote valve and longer bolts for the stack will end up costing more than the price of the valve itself. If I were doing this job, my hardest decision would be whether to go with a 4-remote stack instead of the the 3-remote stack. If you are going to buy parts to fit from New Holland and ever think you'll need the 4th remote, it only makes sense to do that job once instead of having to replace all the plumbing parts again later. A 4-remote stack would allow you to attach to a 3PH implement while operating your grapple on the front at the same time. It's your choice, but a consideration because of the way these parts all fit together. Fitting two additional remotes is much cheaper per remote than adding them one at a time.