Questions about geogrid and cinderblock wall

/ Questions about geogrid and cinderblock wall #31  
Many comments are missing the facts that the wall is foreign country, not designed and stone is hard to get

/ Questions about geogrid and cinderblock wall #32  
Good point,

I am wondering ... lets assume OP will backfilled with the material he as on hand a sandy clay we know it is not a ideal drainage material can he increase the drainage capability and decrease the water retention with corrugated drainage pipe with socks ? I am thinking installing the drainage pipe from drainage holes on a 4% grade with a tail near vertical to the next drainage hole as such.

1654343967512.png

/ Questions about geogrid and cinderblock wall
Okay, so it's a done deal at this point. I ended up doing the exact opposite of what I said I was going to do and bought the stiff plastic fencing and threw it in there every 2 feet. It is just laid there, hopefully it will offer *some* extra support over just straight dirt.

I didn't put any layer of impermeable plastic under the surface to keep water from filtering in. We had it there ready to install and then decided not to, because it would keep the vetiver grass and the other erosion control plantings from putting down deep roots. I dunno but the hippy dippy farmer in me keeps thinking roots are always important.

Came back today after having put in almost all the dirt and there were stains below all the weep holes indicating that water had been flowing through during the previous nights rain. We're in rainy season now.

There's concrete stucco on the front of the wall so I'll be able to easily see if things are cracking up any time soon. But I hope that following several of the local old school mason's advice won't come back to kick me in the butt.

Thanks everyone for all the input!

/ Questions about geogrid and cinderblock wall #34  
yes deep roots native plant will help holding everything in place and absorb water for sure. … solid wall it was cool to see and there was some good convo thanks for sharing… the olds timers have seen a thing or two plus they are famille with your soils, future will tell 🤟… keep us posted !