Rear attachment question

/ Rear attachment question #1  

presnewt

Silver Member
Tractor
Steiner 440
I have a Steiner 440 and a Ventrac power rake which I use on my gravel drive. I have a few people that want me to work on their drive. I am considering getting the three point hitch so I can add either a slip scoop or box blade to keep on the rear of the tractor. The scoop would allow me to move piles of dirt or gravel but the box blade might be more of a help to build a slight crown. My main question is how much tilt can i put on the box blade to help build the crown or cut a slight ditch to allow drainage. Which implement would you prefer and will the box blade tilt enough? Thanks

/ Rear attachment question #2  
If it's a typical 3 point hitch...a box blade can be pitched for as much of a crown as you want...a hydraulic side link greatly reduces the manual labor involved in setting the pitch...

/ Rear attachment question #3  
I rather thought that the Ventrac / Steiner method of central articulation prevented something like a box blade to be used. Mainly because as the tractor performs a turn, the box blade would have to slide a bit sideways. The sharper the turn, the worse these forces are on the tractor.

I've wanted to try using a scraped on my Ventrac 3 pt hitch but have resisted because of this phenomena.

/ Rear attachment question #4  
Just think of the articulation as front wheels .... A Cat scraper works the same way.. It doesn't mean a rats rear end..... jim