Rear remote install DIY : anybody done it w/o removing the rear wheel ? NS6010

/ Rear remote install DIY : anybody done it w/o removing the rear wheel ? NS6010 #11  
Looking at the service manual, I think I'll have to remove those bolts I circled in red and follow that plate (the seat is bolted to) around behind the seat and remove all of them.
1718117506481.png

/ Rear remote install DIY : anybody done it w/o removing the rear wheel ? NS6010 #12  
I did the install of the second rear remote today. Went pretty well, took me something like 3 hours. I have loaded tires and don't think I have the right tools to deal with trying to get a loaded mounted again. So I left the tire on. Two parts were difficult for me:
1) Getting the longer bolts back in, had a hard time getting them to line up properly. I didn't have them, but a second set of hands to hold the pieces in place while another set of hands gets the bolts threaded would have made things much quicker.
2) I left the hydraulic tubes off until after I had mounted the two chucks. Threading the tube screws was difficult, just no room at all, see the picture below. I think I would put the tubes in place first if I were to do it again.

Couple pieces of advice if you're trying to do it with the wheel on:
1) take all of the mounts, levers and bars off of the right hand console above it, give yourself as much room as possible.
2) you can access the bolts and chucks from underneath, I'd just lay on the ground with a light in front of the rear tire, see picture below.

Attachments

• 20240629_142915 - Copy.jpg
    20240629_142915 - Copy.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
  • 20240629_122524 - Copy.jpg
    20240629_122524 - Copy.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22