Rear wheels not engaging

/ Rear wheels not engaging #1  

TexOnt

Tractor
Toolcat 5600 & International 2444
Just wondering if someone on here can help with my problem.

Wheels locked up and machine suddenly came to an abrupt halt.

Dealer sent a service guy out. I wasn't here but he claimed he did a computer scan said front wheels were not turning at same RPM as rear wheels so he cleaned the connections then test drove and it was OK (335.00 later)

Dealer said it may have a sensor going out.

Few months later had a problem with rear wheels not moving just bouncing and digging in. Took machine to dealer.

Dealer replaced the (Sensor, speed eng) part # 6679852 (over 1,000.00 total for part, labour, and tax)

Problem still not solved. every once in a while rear wheels not turning correctly

At one point I had an error code 50-13 and when the warning lite came on it would run correctly.

Recently tried to drive and rear wheels are again not turning and no error codes are being displayed.

Can anyone help or have a suggestion.

Hate to take to dealer again if he can't fix it and I already paid him almost 1,750.00 with no results.

/ Rear wheels not engaging #2  
What year or Series is it?

/ Rear wheels not engaging
What year or Series is it?
Apparently it is either 2003 or 2004 depending on who you ask
It is the "A" series because the vin starts with "5205"
according to some the A series was produced from 2003 to mid 2004
So hence the year either 2003 or 2004

Last edited:
   / Rear wheels not engaging
Apparently it is either 2003 or 2004 depending on who you ask
It is the "A" series because the vin starts with "5205"
according to some the A series was produced from 2003 to mid 2004
So hence the year either 2003 or 2004
Just an update that might help someone tell me what is wrong.
when the rear wheels are not engaging and just locked up or dragging there does not seem to be anything that will change that.
Then all of a sudden the general warning lite symbol comes on.
Checking for codes does no show any codes present
When that happens the machine runs perfect as long as the warning lite symbol is on.
Next time it is started if there is no warning lite symbol on the machine will not operate correctly
Anyone have any idea why and how to correct it.
Dealer seems to be no help.

/ Rear wheels not engaging #5  
It almost sounds like the problem is the brakes are being engaged when they shouldn't be. The brakes need hydraulic pressure to disengage them so is it a brake related valve/solenoid that is bad? If that is the case, the rear brakes would engage and you would get the warning that the F/R wheels are not turning at the same speed. The early Toolcats had brakes that you could manually disengage by screwing in special bolts to press against the springs. It would be interesting what would happen if you had those bolts installed in the rear.

5600 brake tool.PNG

/ Rear wheels not engaging #6  
When warning light comes on there should be code. DO NOT turn key off or push stop button before pushing the "hold for code" light button.
There is only one brake line output from valve then tees off to front and rear brake. One axle cannot lock up hydraulically without both locking up.