reciprocating saw for cutting branches?

/ reciprocating saw for cutting branches? #31  
I've found that my DeWalt 20V reciprocating saw vibrates, jumps around all over the place, and gets really heavy by the time I get branches of any size cut off. I think I'll just relegate the reciprocating saw to cutting pipe, etc. and leave the pruning chores to my Husqvarna T435 12" chainsaw. That little light weight Husqvarna saw can be used 1-handed and hacks off anything up to about a 6" branch like cutting through butter.

For the little stuff, i.e. anything up to about 3/4", my DeWalt 20V hedge trimmer makes short work of that. There certainly are excellent uses for my reciprocating saw, but tree trimming isn't one of them, at least not for me.

/ reciprocating saw for cutting branches? #32  
I've found that my DeWalt 20V reciprocating saw vibrates, jumps around all over the place, and gets really heavy by the time I get branches of any size cut off. I think I'll just relegate the reciprocating saw to cutting pipe, etc. and leave the pruning chores to my Husqvarna T435 12" chainsaw. That little light weight Husqvarna saw can be used 1-handed and hacks off anything up to about a 6" branch like cutting through butter.

For the little stuff, i.e. anything up to about 3/4", my DeWalt 20V hedge trimmer makes short work of that. There certainly are excellent uses for my reciprocating saw, but tree trimming isn't one of them, at least not for me.
+1
I bought my DeWalt 20V reciprocating saw specifically for pruning trees. After the first day, it sits on the shelf. It is way to hard to handle for that purpose.

/ reciprocating saw for cutting branches? #33  
I use the Porter Cable pruning blades in my 18volt Makita sawzall for cutting branches or roots on different jobs. I'm not comfortable with my wife using a chainsaw, so I send her out with the cordless sawzall and a couple of extra batteries when she wants to do some pruning of branches too big for the lopers. Instead of climbing a ladder, she will get in the back of the Mule, or climb on the roof of it. Seems like she can cut down enough branches in half an hour to take all day to clean up!!!

/ reciprocating saw for cutting branches? #34  
+1
I bought my DeWalt 20V reciprocating saw specifically for pruning trees. After the first day, it sits on the shelf. It is way to hard to handle for that purpose.

What do you use?

/ reciprocating saw for cutting branches? #35  
Those Diablo carbide pruning reciprocating saw blades are great IMHO and I use them in both a corded saw and Ridged 18 volt saw.

I also use pruning blades with my Ryobi reciprocating saw for trimming smaller limbs. They are especially good for cutting roots. Way better than stick your chainsaw in the dirt or swinging an axe.

/ reciprocating saw for cutting branches? #36  
I have shifted to a new house and have a garden in this house. I want to trim the branches of the trees , so was thinking of buying a reciprocating saw . I want a lightweight saw which can be charged very fast. Please suggest the best available saw.

I frequently use a Milwaulkee M28 cordless Sawzall.

/ reciprocating saw for cutting branches? #37  
Here's another vote for using a reciprocating saw to cut roots. About the best tool there is for cutting roots. The roots are usually bound by soil so they don't whip around and soil and chains don't mix well.

/ reciprocating saw for cutting branches? #38  
What do you use?

I use a small chain saw or lopers. I have both a gas chain saw and a battery powered pole chain saw (9"). The battery powered one is the HF Lynx and is used the most. The recip saw I use for roots and as a last resort.

/ reciprocating saw for cutting branches? #39  
I also use a recip for taking off small stumps. Chainsaw takes the trees off 3-4 feet above ground. Longer flexible blades make it easier to take the remainder off at or just below ground level. Better than digging them out on slopes prone to runoff and washout. As far as binding, I rig up a come-a-long or winch to pull them over, away from the blade. The 3-4 foot 'stump' makes that possible.