Recommendations on battery charger/starter

/ Recommendations on battery charger/starter #1  

sleuth

Silver Member
Tractor
between tractors
My trickle charger / battery jump starter went up in smoke tonight. Have had it for over 8 years but when I plugged it in tonight to assist my weak mower battery, it popped and went up in smoke.

Had something like this before except it also did 6V batteries. My only gripe with it is I had to reattach the Gator clips a dozen times because they were always breaking off.

Looking for recommendations for a new unit.

/ Recommendations on battery charger/starter #3  

can also do this model for 6v if necessary

/ Recommendations on battery charger/starter #4  
It would help to know what size batteries and engine types you are jump starting.
I have to jump larger displacement diesels that are sometimes very cold. I have a John Deere brand jump starter and I have been very happy with it.

/ Recommendations on battery charger/starter #5  
maybe you just want another of the same kind

/ Recommendations on battery charger/starter
It would help to know what size batteries and engine types you are jump starting.
I have to jump larger displacement diesels that are sometimes very cold. I have a John Deere brand jump starter and I have been very happy with it.

Used primarily for my lawn tractors and if needed the brand new Kioti CX2510 I’m buying. Other small engines as needed.

/ Recommendations on battery charger/starter #7  
Used primarily for my lawn tractors and if needed the brand new Kioti CX2510 I’m buying. Other small engines as needed.
The John Deere jump starter would be plenty for what you are doing. I see them new at the Deere dealerships. They are on a small pair of wheels. I see used units once in a while on Craigs List and that’s where I got mine.
Works great.